Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this yet? I got the Blue wheels, on my white Pure. It looks neat, but I'm buying metallic blue panels in the near future.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Use the search function to find lots of information and pictures.

Many dealers are powder coating the wheels on orphans and marking the car up an absurd amount- $1500-2000- when you can get it done for $100 a wheel or less.

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Use the search function to find lots of information and pictures.

Many dealers are powder coating the wheels on orphans and marking the car up an absurd amount- $1500-2000- when you can get it done for $100 a wheel or less.
Yeah, for sure watch out for this as even in the worst case scenario you should only be charged $400-$800 for the service of someone removing, powdercoating, and remounting your wheels.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the Dallas dealer do mine Yellow and love it! I ended up getting the wheels, tinting and a few other accessories for under $1400. It may sound high, but it was no hassle to have it done at the dealer before I even went down to pick up or see my car.

S

·
0 Posts
considering my dad just put down $5,000 for a set of rims and tires for his mini, $14,00 doesn't sound bad for my smart car

·
Registered
63 Posts
spray painted wheels

Do they have to powder coated or can they be spray painted?
My brother and I taped off the spokes on my yellow/black, roughed them up with a green scrubbie and spray painted them glossy black with some high performance professional grade Rustoleum (spray can, about $5). Worked great. Looks great. And the afternoon with my brother doing it was priceless. Sure beat the $900 the dealer wanted. You can see pictures of my car on, I think it's page for of the gallery section on this website, under yellow smarts, or something like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts