Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 06 pure cdi. Turbo was replaced just before purchase. Have put about 2000 miles on it and I started receiving an intermittent engine check light. I have made an appointment at the nearest Smart dealer (Regina, CA) which is 200 miles north. In the meanwhile, yesterday I went to drive to a meeting and the car starts right up, however, when I apply fuel it shudders and hardly moves. I got it pointed downhill and then it ran fine down to my house where I parked it in the garage. Would this be an injector problem or clogged fuel filter? I've got a Monday appointment at the Smart dealer if I can get it there.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Without knowing the engine code we would all be just guessing. Some auto parts places will scan your vehicle for free if you can get it to them.

I am surprised that a smart dealer in the US will work on the grey market cdi down there.

How many km are on the car?

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Without knowing the engine code we would all be just guessing. Some auto parts places will scan your vehicle for free if you can get it to them.

I am surprised that a smart dealer in the US will work on the grey market cdi down there.

They probably WON'T once they see what they have !!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
One of the reasons I mentioned it, so the OP can confirm if M-B will look at their smart cdi. I expect no.

There must be over 100 cdi in the US now, so many seem to buy them with no idea how they are going to fix it when it breaks.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Agreed BUT, I think the OP may be referring to Regina, CANADA the capital city of Saskatchewan?

"I have made an appointment at the nearest Smart dealer (Regina, CA) which is 200 miles north."

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
The closest smart center to Regina, California is five miles away in Laguna Niguel. I'm sure he would have found that one, and that's almost in the Baja Peninsula. WAAAY far away from it's original point of sale if it came from CAnada, though stranger thangs have happened. :D

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Regina
Dana Point, CA 92629 five miles south of Laguna Niguel.

a different location than Regina Heights, California.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I'm in NE Montana so the dealer is in Regina Canada.
The car has 130,000 km

1 - 15 of 15 Posts