1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REMOVED: smart premium sound system, $350

ADDED; after 13 hours of labor that gutted the entire interior:
Pioneer Avic-D3X;Bluetooth, Ipod, XM NavTraffic

Alpine PDX-5;5-channel car amplifier; 75 watts RMS x 4 + 300 watts RMS x 1; under passenger sear

Front; Boston Acoustics Pro60; 6-3/4" component speaker system; Mids in doors, Tweets in A Pillars; crossovers under driver seat

Rear; Boston Acoustics Pro60; 6-3/4" component speaker system; as coax in rear pillars; crossovers under driver seat

Hatch; Bazooka NOS8P 8" Tube Subwoofer

Cables; Stinger HPM 4

Driving the world's coolest iPOD case...PRICELESS
...and having a sub in the hatch that looks like a nitros bottle doesn't hurt either!

Pics and prices on request.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
If you took pictures during the teardown and rebuild of the car please post them. A lot of us would be interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice install. I love the PDX amps. I've done 2 systems with the PDX-5 (1 pontoon boat, 1 Chevy Avalanche) For the smart I did a PDX 4.150 to type R components and 2ch to a Type R 10" in a sub enclosure under the dash.
Did you run new speaker wires to the BA Pro's in the doors? I was amazed how easy the door skins and front end came apart when I ran mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New speaker wires were run to the Bostons in the doors directly from the crossovers under the driver's seat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed the 4smartcar dot com under dash sub box with the JL sub in about an hour, including the wiring.

It was a replacement for an 8 inch bazooka tube connected to a 300 watt sub channel on an Alpine amp.

The difference is nothing short of amazing! Bass is much tighter and hits hard.

My only concern is how long it will take for the rear view mirror to fall off!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts