·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having the following:

1x 5 channel amp
1x sub
1x pair of speakers (2 speakers total)

With the 1 channel powering the sub* and the other 2 channels to power the pair of speakers, what can you do with the "other 2 channels"?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree with papermaker... I have a 4 channel amp in my 451, one channel to each door speaker and two channels bridged to a sub... It couldn't hurt to have more speakers but the extra power to my sub sounds nice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check to see if your amp can be bridged first some amps can't, on my system I have the option of switching built in to the amps. Hope yours works out!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Either I might just not add in the two speakers rendering the 2 channels useless or might end up doing the rear speakers in the back as pictured below. -- I'm wondering what would the sound quality be like to have the rear vs. no rear. Also, if there are rear speakers, will it drown the bass compared to 2 speakers and 1 sub...?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Or a 4 ohm at 200. Bridge the fronts and have 200 to the fronts as well. Check the spec sheet. It has your info for 2/4 ohm and bridged 4 ohm. Sub stays the same.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You're right, I overlooked that. I have the sub but now in a shop for a pair of coaxial or 3 way speakers but I suppose to get the best bang for the buck* when bridged is to go with components.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts