Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goes down but just will not come back up no noises nothing its like the fuses gone but its not that ...any ideas

·
Registered
333 Posts
So, have you tried it with the motor running, which should provide ample power?
I have a cabrio, and should your situation happen to me, I would be checking any and all resources.... have you tried evilution?
Is the top completely down, or at the intermediate stop.... it may help to try to remove and reinstall the roof frames on each side.
Or maybe gently guide the top with pressure as someone else holds the switch to retract.....???
I hope somebody else can chime in here.... good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
There are a couple You tube video’s on trouble shooting the Cabrio top. One shows you how to completely install one, back on it tracks. Adjustments too.

check them out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, have you tried it with the motor running, which should provide ample power?
I have a cabrio, and should your situation happen to me, I would be checking any and all resources.... have you tried evilution?
Is the top completely down, or at the intermediate stop.... it may help to try to remove and reinstall the roof frames on each side.
Or maybe gently guide the top with pressure as someone else holds the switch to retract.....???
I hope somebody else can chime in here.... good luck, keep us posted.
The guy who owned the car before me had it for 14 years i rang him up to ask him what i should do he said push the roof manually onto the runners the the motor should kick in ..Alas to no avail , so it went into the garage to be looked at by profesionalls still no joy. Is there a relay switch and if so where is it located please could it be the one buried under the carpet under the drivers seat ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts