Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Site has quit responding. It won't let me bring up individual posts only the heading, such as General discussions etc.

All seems OK on all other URLs on the net. Run IMac Lion here. A2Jack

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,224 Posts
I am having problems, also. When I click on a thread, the screen remains blank and the tool bar flashes showing the thread and the smart website. This has been going on for about three days. I thought my mouse was defective. Just bought a new one today and same problem still exists.

·
17,350 Posts
There's also a problem on the Mobile site. When on search pages and when viewing forums, thread titles do not display...just the number of replies and the last reply...

Rotating the phone to Landscape fixes this issue, but it always used to work just fine in Portrait. :shrug:

·
17,350 Posts
New version, been using it since its inception.

As Admin said, the new layout adjusts to phone screens. It used to do that flawlessly...

Edit: Thread titles have returned. 2nd time it's happened this week. :shrug:

·
17,350 Posts
Also, entering SCoA from a Google Search page (ex: when you're using Google to search for a thread) often causes no forum skin to load at all...

This has been happening for at least a year now for me.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Oh, so it's not just me. Same issue on three different PCs in different locations.

Threads will load for me, eventually. It takes a couple minutes sometimes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nope did not work. Link to general thread does not display but link to final post within thread works
Update anti virus and anti spyware software and scan system and reboot. Could be a browser hijacker could be your ISP is having an issue. Do a "tracert" from the command prompt see if it stops and says "Request timed out" . Syntax is "tracert domain" so it would be :

tracert www.smartcarofamerica.com

I have no problems at all.

·
17,350 Posts
Update anti virus and anti spyware software and scan system and reboot. Could be a browser hijacker could be your ISP is having an issue. Do a "tracert" from the command prompt see if it stops and says "Request timed out" . Syntax is "tracert domain" so it would be :

tracert www.smartcarofamerica.com

I have no problems at all.
Although those are excellent things to do, it'll be a futile effort. It's well known that this site is faulty for many (but not all) users.

The initial problem I described (thread titles disappearing) happens on my Samsung Galaxy S3, my iPhone 4, and my iPhone 5.

The Search page glitch is happens on all of my mobile platforms (including the iPad 2) as well as all of my desktop/laptop platforms (Windows 8, Windows 7, OS X Lion)...

So, I reckon these issues are caused by the site (and maybe ISP), as opposed to computer maintenance.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
I am lucky to have gotten to this page as any attempt to negotiate from one page to another results in the "spinning circle" which continues forever. The only way I can even get on the site is going through the back door through my email alert to a current thread that I am participating in. I can post in that thread but not be able to go to any other page. The top bar flashes between the thread I want to go to and the main site name while the "spinning circle" continues and continues forever. Mick

The problem is only on this site and not on other car forums such as the SSR Fanatics or North American Motoring

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Any help coming? I can only enter the site thru my email alert to a thread and then only navigate using the recent discussions on the bottom of the page and then only if I go to the last post. Any choice other than that (like going to page 1 of that thread) and I get the circling and it's over. I have to go back to my email to get back in. This site has some issues and no one seems to know what to do. I have had no one get back to me to help. It is just too difficult to keep this up so if I get no help I will just stay away...who knows...you may be next.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Come on guys. They are working on the problem.

I've been on this site for around 7 years and have had very few down days.

This is not the end of the world as we know it. LOL A2Jack

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Issues with my iPad and iPhone, enlarging pages with the squeeze out wards of your fingers. This has been ever since page format was updated. Every other forum works fine, except this one.

Have to use old format.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,224 Posts
I am still having the same issues as most everyone else.....spinning circles, blank pages, etc. I almost always use Internet Explorer through Comcast. Last night, I logged on through Mozilla and had to manually log in, but I has no problems with this site at all. Everything operated as it used to for me. I am on many car and motorcycles forums and this is the only site I have any issues with. When I am on the smart car operation and maintenance sub section, to get back to the forum, I have to close the internet and re-open it and log on to this site again. There is definitely something amiss here.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts