Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had a problem with my Smart app (vh.smart.com) that it stopped synching the data and it was on all devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC etc.). I brought the Smart to the dealer in San Jose and here is the solution. Thought I share this with the forum in case someone else has the same problems.

Solution Provided:
Working now, I can see it is charging and updating. Here is how to explain what happens. The communication is done via SMS with the car. The car will sent periodic SMS updates when charging. Sometimes for some reason the SMSs may stop or get out of sync. If you go on the web app and “push” an SMS to the car by setting a departure time, this will force the car to reply back an SMS. Then all will work fine. If you ever see the # of days get that far off since last sync, do the update of departure time and this will wake it up. This can be done from any mobile browser or PC running Chrome.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i will try that using my mac that has chrome...

But the AP is really not an AP and is lacking so much in functionality even when working does not work as it should.....when it is fully charged you should get a text message and not an email

there are so many more reasons...i compare directly to my onstar AP for my Volt...which works flawlessly in the back ground till needed....

·
Registered
832 Posts
That fix doesn't seem to work for me. If I try to change the C&D setting when the connection from the car to the server is borked, it just doesn't go through and it certainly doesn't restore the connection. The sync icon just goes red after a few minutes and/or the app says "offline".

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've mentioned this fix a few times in multiple threads already, but nice to see it here again. It doesn't always work, but if it doesn't you get a red indicator in the sync area.

My bigger problem is that when this happens there's no indicator and no fix or alert sent to the used. MB should know about it, since the car should be sending back an SMS every 6 hours or so when idol. Why would they not send out a ping to the car once a day if it misses check-in for 12+ hours? That would "fix" this and resolve issues.

But then the site has been quite static and remains barely usable since launch. I can tell you that if they do start charging for this after the minimum 3 year free period, I wouldn't be willing to pay much per year for this "feature".

I really wish they had left the Gen2 function in, where you could trigger C&D from the fob when in range of the car. It would be more handy than this craptastic web interface, and more likely to just work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine wasn't working for months. I took the car in and got a firmware update. Worked great for a few months, now it's not syncing again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts