Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any dealer programmable or user programmable perimeters on a 2016 Smart ?

Specifically the rear facing fog lights which are part of the left and right tail light assemblies. I would like them to come on at the same time the brakes are applied.

Additionally, we would the front DRL's to turn off respecfully with the turn signal (which you see on many newer cars)?

·
17,478 Posts
I'm not sure if what you're asking for could be done, even with a Star machine on hand.

The reason the DRLs do not turn off when turning is because the turn indicators and the DRL do not share the same housing and are not close to each other (that's actually a federal regulation). Therefore smarts are the rare few modern cars that can indicate a turn without turning into a cyclops. Personally, I love that.

Ask your dealership, but I doubt they can do it as it's not likely that the lighting is that computerized. Also note that the fog light circuit isn't built to be a taillight, so even if you manage to use them as a brake light, you won't be able to use them as a taillight.

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
There's a reason the rear fog light is there..... The 451 didn't carry that feature over from the EU version and that was an oversight IMHO. Just be happy you have the added safety feature on foggy days. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts