Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, we are new owners 2008 passion. Previous owner confused us on start up and drive procedures and we can't find what he said in the owners manuel.He said turn key on and wait for "lit triangle!" to go off and then start the car. The little "tool" indicater light is then flashing. He said do not drive the car until this light goes off. Normally takes 30 seconds to a minute. Is this correct? What is the proper start up procedure?? We just don't want to damage anything.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Turn the key to on, wait about a second or two, turn it to start and immediately release. The computer will crank the starter as necessary until the engine starts. You can drive off immediately, however I prefer to wait until the secondary air pump goes off. That's the whiny jet engine sound you hear. This way I can be sure oil has flown everywhere inside the engine. I'm guessing the till indicator light is the maintenance reminder. It can be reset and there are instructions on YouTube, or even here on the forums.
Once again, we are new owners 2008 passion. Previous owner confused us on start up and drive procedures and we can't find what he said in the owners manuel.He said turn key on and wait for "lit triangle!" to go off and then start the car. The little "tool" indicater light is then flashing. He said do not drive the car until this light goes off. Normally takes 30 seconds to a minute. Is this correct? What is the proper start up procedure?? We just don't want to damage anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts