Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

I figured it was best to start a new list for this. I'm coming down to do the cruise installs of course, but some have mentioned other parts they may want. Here's the deal... you just please post something like:

+1 [item name]

And I'll tally it all up. Please do NOT use quotes in this discussion so I don't count duplicates ok? Try to keep the posts simple. If you have questions send me a message. Thanks!

Available parts:

Cruise control. Reg: $480 Special: Free install!
S.S. Bumper Bolts. Reg: $66 (sale $45) Special: $40 w/Cruise: $22.50
1-Din Stereo Fascia: Reg: $55 Special: $45 w/Cruise: $27.50
2-Din Stereo Fascia: Reg: 50 Special: $40 w/Cruise: $25
S.S. Intake w/ KN: Reg: $359 (sale $309) Special: $300 w/Cruise: $260
Air Scoop (black only): Reg: $135 Special: $100
ScanGauge II: Reg: $199 (sale $179) Special: $160 w/Cruise: $150

Explanation of terms:

"Reg" is the price it sells for on my store normally. If there is a "sale" price beside it, then it is currently on sale at my store (for everyone). So yes, I am discounting my sale prices for this event! "Special" is the price you can have at this event regardless of what else you buy and "w/Cruise" is the price you get if you're buying or bought a cruise control from me. The "w/Cruise" prices are limit 1 per item per person. All transactions are cash-in-hand only. Credit card may be used but only online with Internet access via the website and only at the regular price (ie. only discount is free shipping).

Inventory considerations:

All parts subject to availability on Friday morning. The cruise controls won't be an issue - even though I'm sold out constantly I always have more coming in and many on hand but on hold for someone so I can work it out. The bumper bolts and fascias I have lots of. I only have a few intakes. 8 airscoops and 4 or 5 scan gauges. Note that I am coming in a smart car and have to have room for my tent, etc as well! So I am limited on space but should be ok.

Currency note:

Ok, I realized this after I wrote all that above :) The "Reg" prices are in Canadian dollars but the event prices are in US funds. For the purposes of this event, let's say the dollar is at par since I have to incur currency conversion fees anyway. If you have Canadian money... pay in that if you wish the amount is the same.

Condition and warranty:

All items are brand new and full warranty applies. These are not "clearance" or "discontinued", just good old fashioned event pricing!

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Hi Steve -

+1 Area 451 Cruise Control with free installation for me, please.

Where will the install be done and how long will it take?

Are you making a schedule?

Thanks - Suze

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I'm going for the cruise control and expect to get one pair of bumber bolts too.

The scoop intrigues me but I'll forgo it for now if there's no data to suggest there's any performance improvement at 65mph.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
...but Steven has agreed to come down even though we're short of the original 10 target because of the new business here that wouldn't be had without the event. So the install's happening. Get on the list and come to prosser!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's right. Sort of. My arm didn't really need much twisting :) I love smart events... I just needed to show my wife the 14 hours of driving was justified ;)

10 would likely be too much anyway. I didn't really think about that when I posted initially. It was just such a nice round number.

- Steven

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would like the scan gauge and 2-DIN Fascia, just so we all know cash, check or credit card. Would like to get alot more have to check my accounts and see what else I can come up with!!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In my original post:
All transactions are cash-in-hand only. Credit card may be used but only online with Internet access via the website and only at the regular price (ie. only discount is free shipping).
No checks, sorry. PayPal with discount is a possibility, but it gets confusing (must be from existing PayPal balance only - no credit card or bank transfer payments).

Suze - the Scangauge is not a smart-specific item. It works with any car 1997 and newer. As such, there is no place in particular to mount it - it goes wherever you want. Some people use it mostly for the scanning capability and just keep it in the glove box until they need it. Others use it mostly for the gauges, and then need it where it can be seen. It comes with a couple pieces of self-adhesive Velcro (yes, Velcro brand!) so you can mount whereever you wish. But I've yet to see an "ideal" place in the smart.

There was a similar tool for the 450 smart and they might make one for the 451. Advantage: made for the car so it mounted perfectly. Disadvantage: As with anything custom (like the cruise) it cost 3 to 4 times as much. Anyway, for the moment the SGII is the only option for the 451 smart.

They're small. Yes, I'll bring a couple and you can decide then. They are a steady selling item - I just added it to the list because I have them in stock right now.

- Steven

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok... well

by my count that's only 2 cruise controls (weren't there like 5 or 6?)
1 stainless air intake (not much interest in more HP than the DT exhaust gives?)
A couple pairs of bumper bolts (best deal you'll ever get on these)
1 double din fascia
1 airscoop
and 4 Scangauges

If that's the whole list... umm... uhh...

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Ok... well

by my count that's only 2 cruise controls (weren't there like 5 or 6?)
1 stainless air intake (not much interest in more HP than the DT exhaust gives?)
A couple pairs of bumper bolts (best deal you'll ever get on these)
1 double din fascia
1 airscoop
and 4 Scangauges

If that's the whole list... umm... uhh...
For the Area 451 cc, counting me, from this page http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f45/area-451-cruise-control-free-install-13532/#post132860 there is:

+ Timo
+ Dunerunner (Scott)
+ Suze
+ John H
+ BBuzzz (Steve) - did not confirm on your thread

Bigcritter hit the financial wall and had to drop out.

So five cc if BBuzzz (Steve) is in?

For the other items, I'm trusting your count.

Looking back at your thread, we didn't make it very easy for your count by not following your directions :eek:

Cheers & safe motoring,
Timo

1 - 20 of 30 Posts