Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I can see the appeal from an efficiency POV. Even from a safety POV. But, for people who enjoy driving, not so much.

I think the majority of folks are probably Point A to Point B and not so much concerned with the means. For them, this would work.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
This is going to kill Toyota Corolla/Camry and Honda Accord sales. In other words, the cars of people who dislike driving...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Where I see this making the most impact is taxi services. Think about it. You have lots of short, low-speed trips, from a give location by people who just want to get from place A to place B and not hassle with a car. If you have an electric version, you could setup wireless chargers in their parking lanes and charge as they wait for passengers.

No drivers playing who knows what on their radio and talking to you about their life, just you getting to your hotel or back to the airport in a reasonable time? Sign me up...

As for replacing my normal car? Not right now. But my partner would jump at this in a heartbeat. Some people just don't like driving.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where I see this making the most impact is taxi services. Think about it. You have lots of short, low-speed trips, from a give location by people who just want to get from place A to place B and not hassle with a car. If you have an electric version, you could setup wireless chargers in their parking lanes and charge as they wait for passengers.

No drivers playing who knows what on their radio and talking to you about their life, just you getting to your hotel or back to the airport in a reasonable time? Sign me up...

As for replacing my normal car? Not right now. But my partner would jump at this in a heartbeat. Some people just don't like driving.
It would be similar to the taxis in the movie Total Recall with Arnold Schwarzenegger, without the annoying talking robot driver. :nerd:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts