Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 years, I've just noticed that the "spokes" of my Pure wheel covers angle backward on the driver side and forward on the passenger side! It is now disturbing me more than one could imagine! :eek:

This was a pet peeve on a 92 Lexus with the unidirectional wheels years ago when the tires were improperly rotated... the ghosts of cars past, lol.

No, really... I'm OCD enough that I want to remove them and now considering selling it- when I look at my car now I just think "that's not right". Bad design!

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
I touched up' the axle covers underneath the wheel covers so the smart logo is the correct colors, makes the wheels look nice even without the full wheel covers.

My other thought was to get a set of coversthat are like a flat disc and paint it a color similar to the 'black chrome' . Thought it would look good on a Black\Black Pure.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
After 3 years, I've just noticed that the "spokes" of my Pure wheel covers angle backward on the driver side and forward on the passenger side! It is now disturbing me more than one could imagine! :eek:

This was a pet peeve on a 92 Lexus with the unidirectional wheels years ago when the tires were improperly rotated... the ghosts of cars past, lol.

No, really... I'm OCD enough that I want to remove them and now considering selling it- when I look at my car now I just think "that's not right". Bad design!

No offense man, but you need to lighten up. Most manufactures do not "directionalize" their wheels or hub caps. Loosen up, take a deep breath, and chill. Selling a smart over hubcaps? Just think about that for a minute......:)

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I always wondered why all the Pures I have driven pulled to the right.... :rolleyes:

On more expensive cars the wheels are directional but I hate to be the one to break the news to you, when you bought the Pure you bought the least expensive model out there. I suppose it would have been better for smart to have gone with a none directional spoke. :confused:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Top 5 signs you are anal-retentive

You keep large redundant amounts of all your sundries such as laundry detergent so that you never risk running out.

1. You don’t just sort the money in your wallet by $1, $5, $10, or $20, but also sort the bills by wear-and-tear so that you get rid of the bills in the worst shape first.
  2. You look up anal-retentive to see whether it needs a hyphen.
  3. You don’t just keep a grocery list, you micro-optimize order of the items on the grocery list so that you only make one pass through the grocery store.
  4. After a power outage or when Daylight Savings Time starts or ends, you feel the need to set all your clocks to the same minute and second.
  5. It really irritates you when someone says a list has 5 items and you count six.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I know I'm anal retentive, duh! I was one of the first to reserve a US smart and survived the waiting list! Even by the time that I configured my 451, information, let alone details was almost non-existant. There was no seeing/ driving beforehand- the roadshow with the euro versions had not even started! I ordered a Pure since it was simpler... and had roll up windows which I have never had and was tired of power window "issues". When it was delivered I asked them not to put the wheelcovers on, but they did anyway~ and I didn't even know they were of odd design.

BTW, as far as being the cheapest, the dealer here has NEW passion cabrios for less than I paid for my Pure coupe!

My points were: 1) it took me 3 years to notice 2) Did anyone else notice? If not I want the Obsessive Compulsive throne, LOL!

LeBikerBoy- So True!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts