Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Following the lead of ravenwood, who created a map for Pennsylvania smarties, I've put up one for us Southeasterners. I don't think there is another one yet. If I'm wrong, and this is a duplicate map ... well, just forget about it, haha :eek:

smartsSoutheast

You can move the map around with the hand pointer, and zoom in as much as you'd like. Click where you want to place your marker and enter your identifier and whatever message you'd like.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Man!! I had that map sized and centered downright purdy on my home PC (1920x1200). Looked at it at work (1024x768) and ... not so good. :(
Tried to improve it on my work PC, but my time is limited at work. I'll have to work on a compromise this evening. How it looks depends on your monitor's resolution. You can, of course move & zoom as you please.

·
Super Moderator
28,284 Posts
...ok..I crashed the party...but it should be open to everybody....

jetfuel
If you mean it should be a national map, there already is one. However, these maps are limited to 500 entries, so the national SCOA map filled up and is closed. That's the reason for going to regional or even state maps. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
That link takes me to club vinyl.
Me too. I have looked here several times and just figured, based on age of rest of the posts, that the map site was no longer maintained and therefore became defunk and took over by - evidently - club vinyl. Wanted to add myself too and look for others close by...I am in richmond Va. Don't see may smarts around here.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I don't know what's up with that. Even if you enter the URL directly, you're redirected to clubvinyl. I guess the former has gone belly up. Sorry to see it. Guess we lost all of our pushpins.

Try this one! :)

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1477715#

Click the "Additions" tab, then "Add marker simple". From there it's likely easiest to chose "Click on a map location". Zoom in to be however precise you want to be, then click.

Not quite as simple as the map that disappeared, but it's workable.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm a new owner and trying to figure out on what does this map fit on !
Is it for the Smart's GPS or Garmin or TOM TOM gps or " MS Streets & Trips" map ?

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a new owner and trying to figure out on what does this map fit on !
Is it for the Smart's GPS or Garmin or TOM TOM gps or " MS Streets & Trips" map ?
Are you talking about the map linked to in post 16? It isn't designed for any device. It's just a web based map. Whatever browser you wish to use. It does have resizing buttons in case you need them (Center-Left). Zoom in/out as you please.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts