Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an oem smart armrest. It's not clear how much hardware is included. Help on installation. I get the idea it may be mostly for the passenger as the smart is more of a "two hand driver" kind of car. At least for me and for the most fun. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Doesn't it mount to the side of the drivers seat? I use mine all the time when driving, more than the passenger. Did you get the reply to your p.m. about the muffler? Chumly

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes chumly. I replied. I'll do so again since you didn't get the post thru my fault. A bit to rich for my blood. I'm poor, you see.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right chumly....it mounts on the driver's side. Looks like the Missus misses out. Thanks.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The arm rest that we had bolted to the back of the driver's seat with two bolts, and was designed for the use of both the driver and the passenger. The staggered seating allows for this in the smart.

I did have ours recovered in a upend naugahyde to match the smart's interior. The original cover was tacky cheap vinyl. Other than that, it was great.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Mine has been in for almost 5 years and looks as good as the day I installed it :D

Like Terry said, with the staggered seats it works for both driver and passenger :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts