Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to get an idea of what everyone thought would be an intriguing question for Mr. Schembri at the Midwest rally at the Dells. Since we won't have a ton of time with him we'll have to limit the amount of questions we can ask. Copy and paste the existing questions from the previous post then add another question to it if you like,for example, as in post #2 or, if you agree with any of the previously posted questions and want to add your vote but do not want to add a question, copy and paste the previously posted questions but only change the number at the end of the question to add your vote. If you're adding a question, don't forget to add your vote to the end of your question and add votes to the others if you desire. I'll throw out the first one I'm sure that everyone is itching to hear.

1) Will Smart ever add the Yellow panels back in the lineup??? 1 vote

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Remember, copy the questions in the previous post then paste and add a question and/or vote. I will just add another question.

1) Will Smart ever add the Yellow panels back in the lineup? 1 vote
2) Will we see better warranties that fall in line with all the other manufacturers in the industry? 1 vote

·
Super Moderator
28,243 Posts
When, if ever, will we get a diesel smart?
When is the mhd smart coming?
When is a turbo (or better, a turbo diesel) smart coming?
Is there a final fix for the gearshift problems (stuck in P, can't find R, etc.)?
Will smart offer other wheel/tire options?
Factory cruise control rumor - true or false?

:)

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
2) Will we see better warranties that fall in line with all the other manufacturers in the industry? 1 vote
3) When is the earliest we will be able to reserve the smart ED?

·
Super Moderator
28,243 Posts
Forgot this one:

When will we get a fix for the 09 gas gauge problem (registering 7/8 when filled)? :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

4) When, if ever, will we get a diesel smart?
I vote for #4.When it is time for Pea2so to retire I would like an ultra high mileage replacement.
(I made the diesel ?#4)​

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
When, if ever, will we get a diesel smart?
When is the mhd smart coming?
When is a turbo (or better, a turbo diesel) smart coming?
Is there a final fix for the gearshift problems (stuck in P, can't find R, etc.)?
Will smart offer other wheel/tire options?
Factory cruise control rumor - true or false?
I'll second these and add them below with a couple modifications...

4) When, if ever, will we get a diesel smart?
5) When, if ever, will a factory cruise control be available? How much?
6) When, if ever, will the mhd or gas turbo be available?
7) Is there a final fix for the gearshift problems (stuck in P, can't find R, etc.)?
8) Will smart offer other wheel/tire options?
9) Not really a question, but small requested factory features/changes that would make a difference: cargo area lighting, quieter purge valve, single-handed/one control release for the tailgate, upgraded trip computer for MPG and other measures, USB-port equipped Premium stereo,
Premium stereo able to read WMA files, seat-back reclining control on outside of seats, seat belt height adjusters and less finicky belts (grab too easily), variably intermittent wipers and a more 'compliant' wiper stalk control, rear hatch handle.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
You'd have to expand on what you mean by a "more 'compliant' wiper stalk." It's not obvious to this casual observer.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
You'd have to expand on what you mean by a "more 'compliant' wiper stalk." It's not obvious to this casual observer.
It's subjective, of course, but in my car, the action to move the wiper stalk to either wiping speed is 'clunky'. It takes more effort to engage than most cars and it makes a pop noise/feel that doesn't sound/feel good for the plastic. It just seems that the action of the switch mechanism could be smoothed out a bit.

I probably notice it more than some since I'm used to gently pressing up on the wiper stalk to cause a single wipe of the windshield in other cars during light rain when there is no variably intermittent setting. Sort of like the light press for the auto down window switch, versus the full press for manual lowering.

I was just trying to compile the little things that I've noticed that could benefit from some fine tuning, but it's certainly no show stopper. :)

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
it makes a pop noise/feel that doesn't sound/feel good for the plastic.
You may have a bad switch. If you have the chance, check out the "wiper stalk action" on a different Smart especially if you're in for service. You could get a "bad" switch changed out for a new one under warranty.

·
17,350 Posts
*after a rush of excitement because he's there*

When might/will there be a plant in the U.S.?

Requested factory options:

Will yellow panels make a return?

Will autolight and rainsensing wipers make a return?

Cruise control on 2010 models?

Models and improvements:

Roadster?

Will there be key operated door locking/unlocking mechanisms?

EDIT:
Yes, I mean a key hole that will also LOCK the car as some see it as a problem that it only UNLOCKS the door...

·
17,350 Posts
dumb question--doesn't all smarts have a keyhole on the driver's door? My cabrio has one there.
Yes, I mean a key hole that will also LOCK the car as some see it as a problem that it only UNLOCKS the door...

·
Registered
156 Posts
OOPS

Oops, my bad! I am sorry, I didn't know that the door keyhole, only unlocks.

Yes,single handed release for the tailgate with a dashmounted release button
About the tailgate release, why would you want an inside remote release? Wouldn't that afford the chance for the tailgate to flop open by itself unattended before one could get to it, risking potential damage? I am not aware of the operation on the Coupe, but on my Cabrio it requires that both doors are unlocked. So, before exiting the vehicle you need to press the doors unlock button on the dash, proceed to the back, grasp the hand hold and squeeze. Voila!! it opens, safely.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts