Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there is a gap on the rear skirt. When I look at the part that holds it together I noticed it is partially sticking out of place.
I cannot figure out how to push it back in. I don't want to break it if it's not already broken. But I have no clue if it is ok or not.

I'll post some pics of it. If anyone could explain how this part works and what I can do to repair it, I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Pull the black pin (center of the black thingy) and it will make the outside of the black connector be able to collapse more. push the yellow panels together and push the black thing all the way in so it holds both halves tight, reinsert the center pin which will expand the black thing, holding everything together tighter.

I have pushed up from the bottom right in the center to help release the center pin too. Whatever works.

·
Registered
146 Posts
BE AWARE----THIS COULD HAPPEN AGAIN !

On Page 212 of your owners manual, it states that if you fail to keep the car clean things
will start falling off.

We all understand that when the car is freshly washed it not only looks better but it runs better.

This "Mud Ball" is an embarrassment to all of us who Love our Smart cars.

Finally may I say, I hope your sense of Humor is more active than your wash cloth.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,094 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts