Smart Car of America Forum banner

Quantico Meat & Greet, 10 Nov

6K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  WMEEK_4_2 
#1 ·
:smartje.wt.zw: November 10 is the U.S. Marine Corps 238th birthday and the next day is Veterans Day.

I am suggesting a “meat & greet” drive in to the Marine Corps Museum (The National Museum of the Marine Corps and Heritage Center ) in Quantico, VA on Sunday, November 10th at noon(ish) .
Hours of free admission are 9 AM ~ 5 PM daily except Christmas.
From the south (Richmond area) we could (meat) at the River City Diner, 9:30ish AM , I95, Exit 83B to leave at 10:30ish for the cruise in.
From the other areas, you folks can choose a time and an easy accessable to I95 location to (meat) for breakfast and cruise in.
We could park in the back right section of the parking lot. If a lot, we could double up on the parking. There could be ceremonies which would be announce next month on the web site. If they are earlier, we could adjust our arrival time accordingly.
This is a great reason to take your smartie out for breakfast and thank a Vet, be them alive or dead, for allowing us to do so.
Thanks “ArthurRW”, great thought. If anyone has any thoughts, please post.
If you can make it, make a post as to where you might meat up with someone and
“ 3LUG & I will C U there”. :smartje.bl.zw: :smartje.grs.zw: :smartje.bl.zl: :smartje:

See less See more
#5 ·
Just replace all the "could's" with "shall's" and throughout the course of the day the museam will be assulted by a variety of smart cars. Memory serves, Marines can adapt to anything presented to them.
Some of us will make it early and some will make it later in the day.
Reminder, the ultimate goal is to take your smartie out to brunch, to visit the Marine Corps Museam in Quantico, tell a Vet "THANKS" and have a great day.
C U there.

#11 ·
"Another dead horse" post.
My definition of "meat" is an invite to have a meal at whatever resturant the majority is interested at dining and the owner would not mind having a few smarties appear at their parking lot. Mr. Webster and Mr. Google should correct their dictionary.

C U there.

#12 ·
Since my last visit, the Museum now serves chow from 9 AM to 5 PM. While you are at the Museum's web site, look under "Plan your visit" then the "store & concessions" and you will see the menu possibilities. The mess hall is located on the second floor.
Just another thought.

#13 · (Edited)
Will have to bow out, just reread the beginning post and the date sunk in. We have all day commitments on Sundays, we're tied up from 9 AM to 5PM. Elaine has to work on Veteran's Day. We might do it early and do it on that Saturday instead.
BTW, her hip replacement surgery is scheduled for Nov. 20 so no Christmas rides for us this year. Been thinking of a dash cam so she could join via video but with the operation can't afford one.

We're back on track, will be able to make it after all! Did some creative rearranging.

#14 · (Edited)
Historically, the museum formally celebrates the Marine Corps birthday around the noon hour. Their calendar will be posted in the upcoming weeks. Normally, a cake is provided and the first slice is given to the oldest Marine and the second is given to the youngest. Then the rest of us dig in.
So this event could be called "taking your smartie out for cake" thing.
If you can make it, my wife, myself and "3 LUG" will see you there.

#20 ·
Yes, upstairs brunch, the 12:00 noon Marine Corps birthday cake cutting ceremony, the 2:00 PM tribute to President Kennedy and the walking tour of the museum is on. Arrive as your time permits. My goal is 11:00 AM. I will be parking in the back right of the lot.
C U there.

#22 · (Edited)
Elaine & I will be there, we have a hotel room in Fairfax at the Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks Friday & Saturday night, doing the Ashburn event Saturday from 1-5 pm but the rest is unplanned except for being at the museum Sunday. Do we want to get together Sunday for lunch? We should hit Fairfax around 7 PM Friday (we hope). I'll check here after we get settled to see if there's anything new.

Hooray for Kayak! I found out that my room charges are $349/night but I'm paying $118 for the 2 nights, total. That even beats the discount at Fontana!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.