Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received my Go Pedal from smart Madness and installation was as easy as it showed on the youtube installation videos. I was even able to vacuum the dirt behind the accelerator ped I had not been able to get before. Unfortunately the Go-Pedal came with no instructions (which I found odd, but smart Madness mentions on their web page to look at YouTube install video). However none of the videos explains the difference between the three settings. I called smart Madness and the customer service rep says there are no instructions (really???). She said the first setting is economy (One red dot) the second setting is sport mode (2 red dots) and the 3rd (with 3 red dots) is extreme sport. I was not even sure if there are any other settings, but the sales,person assured me there were only three. i own a Fortwo 451 2015, so anyone who is using the Go Pedal like I have, pease give me some feedback on what you have found works best when picking which setting to use.

update: I was able to locate the information on the madness auto works web site. It is kind of frustrating when you call smart madness to ask a question and are told that there are only 3 settings when in fact there are 6 curve settings also. I will include the link to the website, but if anyone has this go pedal, pease leave me some feedback on the best or worst adjustments

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,634 Posts
I have had my GoPedal for about seven years. For a while I had it set with one green light and three red lights which seemed to be ok. For the last couple of years, I have it set with one red light and three red lights below it. Seems a bit more responsive than before. From what I can tell, without any instructions, I have it on the most responsive setting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously thank you for responding. You can’t imagine how much of a help it is. although yours might be an older unit but I have an idea of what to try. Unfortunately it is not a daily driver for me, but an occasional driver, so I am really not going to have the opportunity to really try every setting for more then 10 or 15 minutes to see how all the settings work. I am going down to Office Depot to print out the chart In color and have it laminated so I can keep it in the car as reference. I still can’t believe they don’t send any literature along with the unit when you are paying over $700 for both of the two units smart Madness sells as a package.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have been on One green or eco for better low end torque and fuel economy, then 2 green or curve +2. I drive my Smart now exclusively in manual. I mention that because I can now drive smarts with out a go pedal in manual and make them feel the same as mine with the go pedal. In automatic the go pedal is perfered.

Now here comes my opinion. The go pedal effects the speed of which the clutch disengages. So it helps a good deal in getting the first to second to third gear shift points in auto, feel quicker.
In manual the driver has better control of those shift points so the go pedal influence is not as noticeable.

I really like having the Go Pedal from day one.

·
Vendor
3,620 Posts
Hello Tiny Car Guy,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We have had some new faces on the MADNESS Team in recent months and it seems we may need a little more hands on with the GOPedals for some of the new hires.
We do have pictures on the website with the modes and lights color codes.

I do believe the manufacturer had changed the order of the colored lights that indicate mode to be Green-Yellow-Red the color still indicates the mode.

The MADNESS GOPedal comes with 4 different modes:

���
OFF

This mode returns you to stock programming.
ECO

This mode is designed for stop-and-go city traffic.
This mode will improve lower end torque and optimize fuel consumption.
SPORT

This mode improves your throttle response by up to 16%
making it suitable for everyday driving.
SPORT+

This mode improves your throttle response and optimizes your fuel consumption across RPM range.
Perfect for merging and overtaking.

Curve Feature:

The MADNESS GOPedal comes with an additional curve feature to fine tune each individual mode.

You can choose between six different levels of adjustment on each mode.

The Red Curves (+) will make the current mode you are on progressively more aggressive on each positive curve.

The Green Curves (-) will make the current mode you are on progressively less aggressive on each negative curve.

Hopefully this helps you with your mode selections. If you would like you can always call Art, our resident smart guru at our Signal Hill location 562-981-6800 ext 108.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Tiny Car Guy,

We have had some new faces on the MADNESS Team in recent months and it seems we may need a little more hands on with the GOPedals for some of the new hires.

I do believe the manufacturer had changed the order of the colored lights that indicate mode to be Green-Yellow-Red the color still indicates the mode.

���
OFF

ECO

SPORT

SPORT+

This mode improves your throttle response and optimizes your fuel consumption across RPM range.

Curve Feature:

The MADNESS GOPedal comes with an additional curve feature to fine tune each individual mode.

The Red Curves (+) will make the current mode you are on progressively more aggressive on each positive curve.

The Green Curves (-) will make the current mode you are on progressively less aggressive on each negative curve.

Hopefully this helps you with your mode selections. If you would like you can always call Art, our resident smart guru at our Signal Hill location 562-981-6800 ext 108.

Thank you again.
thank you for your response. I really like ro have the reference chart for the go pedal in the car. What would have been nice is if the different combinational could be referenced on a wallet size plastic card (just like the reference cards that they sell in Vegas for blackjack the card,only needs to show the color patterns. so you could put it on the visor, or, keep it in your wallet or in the little dash storage compartment where your sunglasses glasses go. The other issue was the power pacl. That too didn’t come with instruction, so I just incorrectly assumed that the power pack module had to stay connected to the outlet for it to work, ( just like the Nationwide’s good driver tracker). I own two smarts, and I tried it on my girlfriends smart 1st to see what it did to her car thinking I will Iet her car be the Guinea pig in case it damaged her car. alter connecting the power pack to her car I heard the long beep and then I figured it was working, but before I could drive the car to test it the module started a series steady beeps. I mistakenly assumed something was wrong the unit and put the power pack in my smart, and it did the exact same thing. So I only then did I do some more digging on the smart madness website, and low and behold I found 4 pages of information. It was only then that I saw the notice that said that which smart car you first use to flash the cars computer to make the shifting points sooner , but also that the power pack is permanently tied to the first vehicles vin#. that was very frustrating since that was not the car I wanted to use it on. I honestly thought that all you did was just plug th power pack module into,whichever car you were driving, just like you so with GPS or fuzz busters. I would have had to take responsibility if there had been a warning sticker on the module or had their been a warning on A quick start guide shipped with the mosupe. This was just very expensive lesson for $499. I can’t believe that a small quick start card could not be inclauded with the module to warn the buyer about the vin# being tied to module and would not work with any other smart car. The card could also instruct the buyer to go to the smart madness website for complete instructions and again the quick start guide warning the buyer that this module can only be used on the first car it is paired with. Anyway, I cannot afdord another power pack for my car, but damn if it didn’t make a difference on my girlfriends car. The shifting points seemed like they were increased by 50%. I was not going to use the module on her car since she only drives her car 10miles sown the street, where as I have a 3 hour commute every day and take the interstate and needed something to speed up my car when I am merging with traffic

·
Vendor
3,620 Posts
Bruce, from MADNESS here.

First we would like to say "Thank you!" for your purchase.

To address your suggestion on providing additional literature with some of our products we would like to share the following:

Over the years we have really tried to do our best to recycle packaging and minimize waste. This helps the environment and also helps in cutting down costs associated with shipping.

One of the things we have done many years ago to help with minimizing waste is digitize all our simple to use and read instructions. We have posted them under each of the product listings which makes them easy to find and pull up on any cell phone. Have digital literature also saves some costs for printing cards and instruction pamphlets, helping to our pricing down.

We also include a small notice inside our GOPedal box with instructions on how to easily find the online instructions. Perhaps it was misplaced and not seen.

We apologize for this if it was not clearly marked and accidentally disposed.

Important thing to note! We are not just an online company. We own smart cars and work on them on daily basis. If there is ever a question simply drop us a call. We will be glad to assist over the phone.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Tiny Car Guy,

���
OFF

ECO

SPORT

SPORT+

Curve Feature:

Thank you again.
i want to seriously thank you for taking time to listen, consider and then react in a constructive manner when responding to my frustration. I am have already screen shot the pictures of the settings so I have them on my phone for future reference. In response to your customer service staff, they were very pleasant, however if I may make a suggestion, I always requested my customer service to ask for a name and phone number in case you are disconnected and a email for follow up. If the Customer service rep is not comfortable answering a question, have them tell the customer they will research and either call or email the information depending on what the customer requested. Thank you again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts