Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum, hoping I can get guidance. My husband replace the cooling fan in my 2014 Smart Fortwo car because it was making a horrible noice. But now the fan stays on do you know if he has to purge the cooling system? Since he had to drain it to get to the fan. Help

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,394 Posts
May I suggest you post this question in the 451 section? You are currently in the 450 section. I am not fully up to speed on the smart cooling system, but we have many knowledgeable members that can offer assistance. Good luck, George.

·
Super Moderator
11,292 Posts
If you drain the cooling system, You will get an air bubble in the top of the engine block, which will most assuredly destroy the engine. There is a hose on the back of the head, (sort of in the center of the car, towards the rear bumper) that can be opened up to purge the air out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Th
May I suggest you post this question in the 451 section? You are currently in the 450 section. I am not fully up to speed on the smart cooling system, but we have many knowledgeable members that can offer assistance. Good luck, George.
Thank you so much I am new here still learning 🙈

1 - 6 of 6 Posts