Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 10" universal fan in front of my radiator as a replacement for my very expensive broken one. I am holding it to the evaporator with Gorilla glue. Will this work? Also, how do I get the wires from the broken fan without having to go under the car?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I installed a 10" universal fan in front of my radiator as a replacement for my very expensive broken one. I am holding it to the evaporator with Gorilla glue. Will this work? Also, how do I get the wires from the broken fan without having to go under the car?
Sounds pretty getto to me !!

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
Agree - wouldn't surprise me that at some point soon that fan will detach and take out radiator and who knows what else.

Len

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the Gorilla glue that expands with water, I added a couple of screws at the maze and it seems to be holding OK.
What about the old fan electrical wiring? I am currently getting the power from a contraption I made with the cigarette lighter.

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts
The wires come up on the drivers side of the radiator and go inside the car. When I put mine on, I made up some brackets that tied the fan to the fiberglass mount around the radiator, and by dropping the front of the pan under the car, you can reach the plug at the rear of the stock fan and remove it.

As for the ghetto remark, I would like someone to point out that they can see my new fan from any where unless the front end is removed. The only difference is the new fan is much quieter than stock and flows more air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts