Anyone have detailed instructions on this. Is there a drain plug? refilling issues?
Can you not print to PDF, or use the Snippet tool (if your in windows)I actually printed off the official instructions tonight. Unfortunately there is no way in the MB WIS system to copy and paste, so I will have to scan them tomorrow at work and post after that.
I would assume youn could drain the whole system though the plug with out taking the front hose (3) off at the radiator. then just bleed the system when filling back up.
There's always old fashioned screen capture. From the document you posted, it would probably take more than two.Nope, the WIS system loads through JAVA, I have not found any way to electronically copy it yet. Just print it. Maybe MB set it up that way on purpose?
I installed CuteFTP and basically just printed it to a PDF file ... if anyone wants this particular pdf file just sent me an email... my username at gmail.comNope, the WIS system loads through JAVA, I have not found any way to electronically copy it yet. Just print it. Maybe MB set it up that way on purpose?
Here's an image showing the location of the coolant plug.
View attachment 64491
The procedure I have lists the following steps:
1) Reinstall the coolant hose on the radiator
2) Tighten coolant plug (replace seal)
3) Disconnect camshaft position sensor and knock sensor and lay harness aside.
4) Fill cooling system via the expansion tank (coolant level in the expansion tank must be at the max mark)
5) Remove middle (small) hose from fitting on cylinder head, wait until coolant escapes from hose and cylinder head fitting
6) Reinstall middle hose and clamp
7) Correct coolant level in expansion tank
8) Run engine until warm
9) Check and correct coolant level in expansion tank
10) Check coolant system for leaks
I haven't used these instructions (yet) myself, so if there are errors I am ignorant of them too. The process sounds correct having gone through the disassembly process.