Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Is there a way to change the volume button on Smart 451 Radio 9 with the new one?
And where I could find to buy only the button without buying the whole radio?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
The first thought would be a junk yard. If it's a conventional female knob a local electronics store may just have a knob in its junk bin which may work for your smart.
An alternative would to make one or get one made in a trade school out of aluminum and add a set screw to it.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Call up the dealership parts department. See if you can buy that separate button. If not, maybe a trip to Radio Shack. I don't think you'll find anything after market, that would really match.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
I bought a metal "cover" from Smart Madness that fit over my radio knob. Depending on what the damage is to yours, that might work. At least it's worth a call to them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... thank you all for you answers... first I will try to find used button somewhere if it's possible... if that doesn't work, I'll try to find some cover for the button... I didn't find that metal cover on smart madness website?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
I got the radio knob cover years ago. IIRC, I called Boris and he described it or put it on the site for me to see. They're very helpful, just give them a call if you want to go that route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts