Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Yesterday I had to unhook my battery and now the radio dont work, its in safe mode. So I followed the instructions with the code and its still in safe mode? Is there a trick to this. I put in each number of my code and then pressed the cd button (which has the little circle mark beside it). And ...nothing 8( Should I be waiting for a beep noise or something?

Also was thinking maybe the radio I have does not match the card that came with the car. Its a 2005 fortwo cabrio. So then I thought ok I will take the radio out to be sure the serial numbers match. hummmmmm I have looked everywhere on this site to find out how I remove it but I cant find anything for my car make. Help how do I get the radio out?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Make sure you press the button that is the smart symbol. It looks like an "a" with a triangle on the top. If it does not work you could have the wrong code. The code is normal taped in the ash tray with the serial number of the radio. If the code is lost there is a way to retrieve the code.

Leroy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last night my Ryan came home pulled out the radio in two seconds. I was trying to get it out all day! And there on top was the new code! YEAH!!! My radio now works. I am so happy. My smart car is the best!

·
Registered
7 Posts
ohadi12

Thanks for the info, my manual doesn't have that info. The only problems I've had is lack of info in manual. Took my insurance company 3 days to figure out how much to charge for insurance since it was the first smart car they ever did. It was an experience having one of the first smart cars sold in US, oft times funny.

Thanks again

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Friendly reminder, right on this page, at left:
Site Navigation > smart fortwo Owner's Manuals
will lead you to smartUSA download page, select year, model, and whatever manual you wish, including "radio". :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts