Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to change the factory radio to a unit with Android Auto and Sirius. Not experienced in this so have questions about running the wires for the Sirius antenna and the mic. What is the best way to do this, on a prior Smart the professional ran them over to the A pillar and put the antenna in an open area at the top. Want to do this myself but not sure what is the best way to get the wires from the radio over to the pillar. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, want to bypass the parking brake lockout of the DVD, how is this done on a Kenwood DDX9704S?

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! :)

Listing the year of your smart will get you better answers. I put my Sirius/XM antenna under the service flap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, it's a 2014. Just trying to figure the best way that I as a newb can install the mic and antenna.

·
Registered
2013 Smart Passion Cabrio
21 Posts
re: mic wire

I'm in the process of upgrading my factory radio in my 2013 with a Sony double-DIN radio with Apple CarPlay support.

For the mic wire, I tried to just shove it behind the A pillar on the driver's side and clip the mic to the headliner in the top corner of the windshield area -- but found the thin wire kept coming back out and hanging down.

I didn't want to actually pull the plastic trim panel off, so I experimented with wrapping some blue painter's tape around the portion of the wire I was trying to shove behind the A pillar. That seemed to give it enough "bulk" so it stayed put.

Sorry, it's a 2014. Just trying to figure the best way that I as a newb can install the mic and antenna.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry should have updated, I finished the install. Dropped the headliner and removed A pillar cover. Ran mic from right above rear view mirror and down A pillar. Put Sirius antenna behind A pillar over.

All in all it went very well, radio works very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts