Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to turn it off or at least turn it down?
My rain sensor seems to be overly sensitive. With the wiper on the interval setting, it starts with a reasonable interval, then gradually gets faster and eventually wipes continuously, sometimes even going into high speed.

All this with very light rain where a regular interval wipe would be just fine. I wish there was a way to just put it on an old-fashioned fixed interval...

·
17,350 Posts
It works based on both rain detection and speed. If it detects a bit of water and you're going at a good rate of speed (30+ MPH), it'll increase interval, if not go full power.

There is no turning it down. Flip the stalk one notch up from the Auto setting to turn it completely off.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no turning it down. Flip the stalk one notch up from the Auto setting to turn it completely off.
Yea, I knew that...

But then I end up having to turn it on and off every 30 seconds. I'll look for a way to disconnect the sensor. Maybe that does it...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yea, I knew that...

But then I end up having to turn it on and off every 30 seconds. I'll look for a way to disconnect the sensor. Maybe that does it...
It's better to go manually.

Guys, and how do you turn on the back wiper? I want to do it manually.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The back wiper you turn on by pushing the stalk forward (toward the front of the car). To use it manually just push it forward and then back. You can turn it on auto by pushing it forward then down. Then you can pull it back to the front wipers.

Yes the sensor is way too sensitive. I only put it on auto when it is actually raining (not sprinkling). When sprinkling I just do manually. Also in the mornings when the windows are fogged the sensor keeps wiping until the window is no longer fogged in front of the sensor (which by the way is the last part of the window that de-fogs).

·
17,350 Posts
Yes the sensor is way too sensitive. I only put it on auto when it is actually raining (not sprinkling). When sprinkling I just do manually. Also in the mornings when the windows are fogged the sensor keeps wiping until the window is no longer fogged in front of the sensor (which by the way is the last part of the window that de-fogs).
If there's enough water present, I'll just turn it on and leave it on. I have no issue with it going crazy. Although I do find it entertaining when it attempts to wipe building condensation. :D

Yea, I knew that...

I would not do that. You would most likely not have interval wipers AT ALL if you do that. It would either be constant on or just off.

It's better to go manually.

Guys, and how do you turn on the back wiper? I want to do it manually.
Push the wiper stalk forward and it'll wipe manually. It'll repeat about 15-30 seconds later if you leave it on.

To wash the rear window, push it even further forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts