Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today it was raining pretty hard when I left for work so I opted to take my truck instead. I’ve never driven in the rain with my smart before and I’ll admit I was a little scared to do so because I didn’t quite know how it would handle on wet roads. Well unexpected to me I really missed it!! Lol 😂 I just really missed driving that little racer today and thought if people who live in snowy areas still drive it then then I’d be ok in the rain as well! I was just a little surprised at how much I missed it. Lol 😝

·
Registered
270 Posts
I drive mine year-round. It's not bad on the snow, the TC kicks in and keeps it from spinning out and going the wrong way. It's a whole different beast without the TC; being light, having a short wheelbase, and RWD.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I've been driven mine in the rain always and not a problem, just like any other car. Actually the day I brought him home there was a storm and I drove him in the Interstate. In the snow it may slip a little, but not a big problem.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Don’t be concerned about rain but observe the usual caution as you would with any vehicle when it rains and roads are slick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I prefer driving a bigger car when it's raining, but I used my Mom smart car before and I haven't encountered any problem at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts