Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where and when the national Smart car rally will be in 2016?

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
What can probably be considered the National Rally would be the rally in Deadwood South Dakota in June 2016...see that thread. More information will be posted later this month.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f4/deadwood-south-dakota-rally-week-june-20th-2016-a-97513/

tgobie50 started asking about doing an event in Deadwood, SD, which is centrally located in the Black Hills area, and since there has been nothing about a "National Rally" which is supposed to be in 2016, I guess that makes it a 'National Rally' . Not a bad place to have it as there is a bunch of local things to do there!!

So far as far as I know, there have not been any objections so I say we go for it!

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
The Midwest Rally has been going on since 2008, but it is not held when there is a National event to help boost attendance at the national event. 2016 should be the year for a National Event, but there has not been an announcement about one and we have not heard any information about one in the works.

The Midwest Rally has always been a regional rally, but open to anyone who cares to make the trip. Being a regional rally, it has mostly been held in the 'Midwest' area and we encourage people to attend other rallies . I would love to make the Tail of the Dragon run someday!

Quite strange as smart is releasing their new model and it would be a good chance to show it off??? there are no dealerships in South (or North) Dakota so it doesn't sound like smart will be involved unless one of the dealers close by wants to jump in, like Minnesota or Nebraska, both are quite a distance away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts