Smart Car of America Forum banner

5581 - 5600 of 5640 Posts

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Sunshine thought she was a Figure Skater Wednesday. No triple toe loops though.

I hit black ice on the way to work at 70 mph on I-80 and proceeded to dance this way and that finishing up on the grass to the side of the highway. Once I got the car back up to the shoulder I called Jim to come and check to be sure everything was OK with the car, which it was. By then I heard on the radio that overpasses were covered with black ice. I went under a bridge not over one. Go figure. The road looked perfectly dry or I would have been going slower. God is my pilot and blessed me Wednesday.

I was driving my 2008 Bumblebee and I believe the ABS kept me from spinning. Sunshine did fine but don't ask me if I steered into the skid, I have no idea, it was all instinct. There were over 20 accidents in Lincoln that morning with a few of those rollovers due to the ice so I'm grateful that all I did was slip and slide and end up off the road.

I will be getting snow tires ASAP. I just went back to work after 8 wks off for knee replacement surgery so that may have to wait a paycheck or two but I won't be driving when the roads are slick or snowy until I have them.

Be safe on the roads and Merry Christmas.

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
Dayum, that sounds like too much excitement to me! Glad it turned out well for you and Sunshine though. My only experience with icy roads in my 2008 convinced me that the car was a better driver on ice than I've ever been. Well ... you know, heh

Merry Christmas! Stay safe.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Low 80's here yesterday, wife baked cookies and we had the AC on in the house! Drove from church services with the windows open.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Using my great psychic or is it psychotic powers, I see into the future with these predictions for 2016:

(1) In the year 2016, September will have 30 days in it.

(2) While many will run for the office of President, only one will win.

(3) An 8.7 Magnitude Earthquake will NOT strike the LA area at exactly 2:47 AM on February 17, 2016.

(4) I see a dark evil coming to many of my Facebook Friends, most of you will receive several annoying telemarketer calls before the month of January is over.

(5) You are about to discover that Brain Dead Zombies really DO EXIST; most of us call them, "other drivers".

(6) More and more people will admit to the fact that there's NO intelligent life in Congress.

(7) In 2016 the average person will have no clue who the heck Israel Bissell was and what part he played in the American Revolution.

(8) I see some of my Facebook friends going to Google or Yahoo to search the name, "Israel Bissell".

(9) In the Fall of 2016 I see ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC pitching their Newest "Hit" shows; most will be a flop.

(10) In the year 2016, people who are currently alive right now will die. Even more amazing is that this will be the first time they die.

(11) In the year 2016, Apple will introduce some new thing that some will wait in long lines to get this "must have device". It will be a "must have device" until the next model comes out.

(12) The world will NOT end on April 15, Tax Day, but many will wish it did.

Bob Diaz

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Using my great psychic or is it psychotic powers, I see into the future with these predictions for 2016:

(1) In the year 2016, September will have 30 days in it.

(2) While many will run for the office of President, only one will win.

(3) An 8.7 Magnitude Earthquake will NOT strike the LA area at exactly 2:47 AM on February 17, 2016.

(4) I see a dark evil coming to many of my Facebook Friends, most of you will receive several annoying telemarketer calls before the month of January is over.

(5) You are about to discover that Brain Dead Zombies really DO EXIST; most of us call them, "other drivers".

(6) More and more people will admit to the fact that there's NO intelligent life in Congress.

(7) In 2016 the average person will have no clue who the heck Israel Bissell was and what part he played in the American Revolution.

(8) I see some of my Facebook friends going to Google or Yahoo to search the name, "Israel Bissell".

(9) In the Fall of 2016 I see ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC pitching their Newest "Hit" shows; most will be a flop.

(10) In the year 2016, people who are currently alive right now will die. Even more amazing is that this will be the first time they die.

(11) In the year 2016, Apple will introduce some new thing that some will wait in long lines to get this "must have device". It will be a "must have device" until the next model comes out.

(12) The world will NOT end on April 15, Tax Day, but many will wish it did.

Bob Diaz
Alter #5 to read all politicians

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
Zero percent negative on the Internet for smart fortwo? :p
Yeah, that is a little odd. But try other things, some are just as odd. Donald Trump got 0.1% negative, and Jimmy Carter got 1.5% negative- for example. And "pizza" got more negatives than both of them combined.

I don't know how the site calculates. Most everything seems a little skewed toward the positive ... although neutral gets some figures, a LOT more than negative. Meh, it's just kinda fun to play with. I saw it on a Vsauce video.

You know, if it's on the interwebs it's got to be right.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Odd February

...February will have 4 Sundays 4 Mondays 4 Tuesdays 4 Wednesdays 4 Thursdays 4 Fridays and 4 Saturdays....enjoy it...it will happen again in 823 years

Jetfuel....got the time....

·
Registered
173 Posts
...February will have 4 Sundays 4 Mondays 4 Tuesdays 4 Wednesdays 4 Thursdays 4 Fridays and 4 Saturdays....enjoy it...it will happen again in 823 years

I think this is true every single February except on leap years where there is 1 extra day.

:nerd:

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts

LOL, great play on all those FB posts about how "month" has ____ # of Fridays. Sat, Sunday's and that won't happen again for "X" number of years, except it happens several months that year.

BTW February 2016 has 5 Mondays. >:D

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
LOL, great play on all those FB posts about how "month" has ____ # of Fridays. Sat, Sunday's and that won't happen again for "X" number of years, except it happens several months that year.

BTW February 2016 has 5 Mondays. >:D
Ooohhhhh, Facebook. That explains why jetfuel's post left me scratching my head, looking for a punchline without success. Duh, thanks for explaining it to me.

And, you cheated (actually looking at a calendar! For shame).

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Ooohhhhh, Facebook. That explains why jetfuel's post left me scratching my head, looking for a punchline without success. Duh, thanks for explaining it to me.

And, you cheated (actually looking at a calendar! For shame).
Yep, I cheated and looked. Since I am always having to look at a calendar at work I already knew that Feb had 29 days.

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
Are we REALLY so dumb that ... (a random rant, disregard)

Maybe you saw the NBC Nightly News this evening. Maybe not, no matter ... I'll paint the story for you.

Covering the Powerball drawing: Reporter standing outside (for some reason) says a dollar bill is "point oh oh 4" (that's 0.004) inches thick, and that 800 million of them stacked up would reach "8 feet less than outer space". Good grief!!!!

As if "outer space" can be delineated so precisely that you can say you're "8 feet below" outer space! Anyway, according to the figures offered, your stack is 50 miles high, which isn't 8 feet less than outer space, but more like 10 miles less by even the most lax definitions.

I'm not so sure that 250 dollar bills stacked up are only one inch thick either, but I'll accept that for now, since I don't have a micrometer handy. I think they're thicker than that.

This is getting so frakin' stupid. Why, oh why, couldn't the reporter have simply stated the stack of bills would be about 50 miles high? nuff said, quit with the B.S., particularly when you can't even get the B.S. right. Are you getting your data from YouTube comments? Were you fired from Faux Noise for stupid comments?

5581 - 5600 of 5640 Posts