Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

As you know I have been having some transmission issues so thought I would do a quick video of my actuator in action!

Can anyone see or hear anything that suggests it needs adjusting, replacing or cleaned/lubed?

Thanks

Paul

https://youtu.be/AFa_xEXJF3k

·
Registered
254 Posts
My issues have dropped away for the moment after removing, opening up, cleaning and re-lubing the actuator last week.

This is the second time I have done this, the first being Nov 2012.

Because of clutch wear, re-seating the re-lubed actuator to abutment plus 3 graduation lines, as shown in the "AR25.20-P-0123MCC" paper (found elsewhere in the forum) fixed my clutch issues.
Let me repeat, I did not try to put the actuator back in the same location I found it as others recommended, instead I followed the abutment plus 3 grad line procedure.

Prior to the re-lubing I was getting awful gear grinding and clutch slipping , plus a P0805 Clutch Position Sensor Circuit error code.

The 08 smart is at +125,000 miles. I drove it in the snowstorm today and it behaved quite well!

·
Registered
643 Posts
My issues have dropped away for the moment after removing, opening up, cleaning and re-lubing the actuator last week.

This is the second time I have done this, the first being Nov 2012.

Because of clutch wear, re-seating the re-lubed actuator to abutment plus 3 graduation lines, as shown in the "AR25.20-P-0123MCC" paper (found elsewhere in the forum) fixed my clutch issues.
Let me repeat, I did not try to put the actuator back in the same location I found it as others recommended, instead I followed the abutment plus 3 grad line procedure.

Prior to the re-lubing I was getting awful gear grinding and clutch slipping , plus a P0805 Clutch Position Sensor Circuit error code.

The 08 smart is at +125,000 miles. I drove it in the snowstorm today and it behaved quite well!
I will keep this in mind for my wife’s 09 451 . Thanks for the helpful info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts