Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after about 10 minutes hearing the radio the rattling noise underneath my driver side starts after about five minutes then it stops. After reading some post I think it鈥檚 connected to the subwoofer underneath the seat 馃捄 because every time I turn off the radio it goes away when once I turn on the radio after while it returns again.

Registered
Nice car! What year is it?
I had a similar problem with the subwoofer. Solution is to take the woofer out. BUT make sure you disconnect the battery first before removing the seat and connectors or else your airbag lights will stay on until you get a dealer to defuse them. Good luck!

Registered
You might want to check out cructhfield audio, for a aftermarket subwoofer. They offres a lot of low profile ones. Give them a call. see what they recommend what鈥檚 compatible to the OEM smart system.

good luck.

Registered
Love the color of the Tridion. Looks like Harley Davidson 110th Anniversary colors. Just for kicks sometimes using black finger nail polish on a woofer deadens a rattle or buzz on the baffle.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful smart car, thank you for the advice. My wife also has a smart car a 2009 hardtop I鈥檓 blue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts