Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
17,358 Posts
+1 for three classes. MiniNeon II is still wearing his snow tires and has a neodymium turbo. :D

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
I think that needs a little clarification. Does Mod A (tires, motors) include Turbos? At what level does it qualify as a mod? For example, I have an aFe pre-oiled air filter, and the silicon intake tube. Is this "mod" enough to warrant racing Barney or Jetfuel?

Just want to get the facts straight... I'll put my 15" deCorsas against Barney's turbo any way...and wave goodbye as he leaves me in the dust...

Anybody interested in helping out with this... chime in.

I was thinking 3 classes for time trials(?)

Stock (no changes)
Mod A (tires, motors)
Mod B (chassis, steering, motor, tires)

3 runs for best time (?) quickest time gets posted in each class. I'd like to see 2 identical courses to get as many cars thru as possible.

Maybe a second judging (people's choice) on best modified/looking car..

any other ideas???

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ok, but you'll have to shrink your car down to the R\C size, run it on batteries, and a remote control to fit on the track.

If you can figure out how to mount a turbo on a small electric motor, go for it!!

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So... when do we want to do the races?? Sat night is at the race track, Friday b=night is at the Food shack, maybe Sunday at the car show?? Or saturday after the cruise??

How many R/C's will be racing??
I'll have one or two with the mystery third....

·
5,297 Posts
I'll have 2 to play with and will bring 4 spares if anyone needs one to play with. Bring your own batteries!

:smartje.bl.zl::smartje.rd.zw::smartje.bl.zl:

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
During the picnic sounds like it might be fun, is there a good spot for it at the park?? Don't think it would work in the grass....

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Found a slight issue with my project, took some head scratching but it is back in shape for the race. Should be interesting.........

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Ok, there was some confusion about the R/C racing. It will be scheduled for Saturday at the park during the picnic. I also mentioned some grudge race rematches or exhibitions during the car show on Sunday. We will be laying out the course on Saturday and the runs will all be against the clock. Let me know if you want to help out with course layout, timing, time recording or ??

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
I will be bringing some cones suitable for R/C track establishment. It isn't looking good for getting my car together, though...

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Great!! I was thinking some dixie cups with weights inside or something. If I had my truck along, I'd toss in some plywood sheets but I don't think I'll be fitting any in the smart. Hopefully we will find a reasonable surface for driving.

·
17,358 Posts
Any smartphone has a stopwatch function. Use it to time the trial, then write the times down on a board in a Top Gear fashion!

A track shaped like the Top Gear test track would be interesting to race on.

Frankensmart (Project Black) and MiniNeon II (still with his neodymium turbo and snow tires) will be racing.

MiniNeon II can be quickly downgraded to stock if necessary.

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I have 4 cars, but one is more of an all show, not much go unit. It probably needs the Neon touch to make it quicker.

Might need more than one track(?)

I'm guessing we may go with a simple layout or maybe something a bit more elaborate if we have the room. Hard to say until we see what we have to work with.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
I will have a couple of "new" RC smarties for sale, if anyone is interested. I am going to make a stab at finishing up my mini-Rubber Ducky this weekend.

·
17,358 Posts
Neon touch? Ah, 3 neodymium magnets and real rubber tires!

Or just swap out the chassis completely!

41 - 60 of 66 Posts