Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my Smart FourTwo about a month ago and it came with Passion/Brabus badging. I decided I would swap out front and rear badging for Mercedes and add a Brabus front grille "clamp"-style emblem.

Figured I would share how I went about this.

I purchased a set of Black Mercedes 3" rim centercaps from Amazon for $13 +Prime shipping.

I used my Dremel to remove everything off the backside of the centercaps and made flat and smooth.

Since these caps were 2-piece, (Mercedes emblem comes off) and I preferred the black background, I used 6000 adhesive (rubber-cement) type glue to affix the Mercedes badges permenantly.

After that, added some 3M outdoor heavy weight rated waterproof 2-sided tape for the badging. The type that allows you to hang house numbers to a variety of different sidings.

Result.. You decide. Just thought I'd share.
This size is perfect to cover the existing Smart Badge on grille and I didn't have "Smart" logo on back, as my Brabus had a badge in center that was easy to remove.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point.
I plan to as soon as I get the plain grille from CarID.
I can't remove the chickenhead because the grille has an insert it fits into. So basically, removing grille badge will still have outline of badge.

Might get an LED emblem with new grille if I can find one small enough

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GLC23?

Lol!
Haha. It's half the number of the GLC46 that's available AMG from 'Cedes. Hahahaha was gonna do A110 but likes this better. Going to replace with a nice aluminum BRABUS badge as soon as I can find one I like.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Haha. It's half the number of the GLC46 that's available AMG from 'Cedes. Hahahaha was gonna do A110 but likes this better. Going to replace with a nice aluminum BRABUS badge as soon as I can find one I like.

To my knowledge, MB doesn't offer a GLC in an AMG 46 configuration. I've seen an AMG 63 and an AMG 43, but nothing that fits a 46 designation. Where are you located?

When I first saw your work, I laughed, because I thought you had turn a 230 into a fractional.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts