Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, looking at options for real carbon fiber. Found this pic a little while ago, but don't remember the details behind. Does anyone recognize this Smart where I can contact the owner? Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
For sale at...............

Smartmadness(supporting vendor) has everything carbon fiber you want. On
SM website-click on SHOP-click on INTERIOR UPGRADES-click on CARBON FIBER- it's all there.........................

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Very few trim pieces for our cars are genuine carbon fiber; it would cost several body parts to do a complete CF trim package. Most of what you will find available from "the usual suspects" will be "carbon fiber finish" pieces; normal stuff finished to look like real carbon fiber. It's the only way to keep the trim package affordable...

Trust me; my entire interior except for three pieces (the steering column cover, the radio install kit, and the center console) is completgely done up in carbon fiber finish, including the Polk speaker grilles. Looks killer, costs a mint.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea, from what I have seen the parts out there are carbon fiber style.
Reviving this old thread.

Smart Madness have started doing genuine carbon fibre exterior parts. I've got a front spoiler, side skirts, rear uprights (the panels behind the tridion cell, either side of the hatch), rear roof spoiler and mirror caps. The parts have real depth to the weave and look great.

The guys are also looking at making the front grille surround in carbon fiber, as well as a complete interior set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts