Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious to people who have driven both recently...

Is there any difference between the last-gen and current-gen acceleration? I know on paper they're about the same, but from my memory the old generation felt faster off the line when the go-pedal was smashed to the ground. However, this could have been due to weight changes between test drives or fond memories that developed in that two year test drive gap.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I was just curious to people who have driven both recently...

Is there any difference between the last-gen and current-gen acceleration? I know on paper they're about the same, but from my memory the old generation felt faster off the line when the go-pedal was smashed to the ground. However, this could have been due to weight changes between test drives or fond memories that developed in that two year test drive gap.
The new one FEELS faster to me, although I will readily admit that I am in the minority with that assessment. The new one is a vastly improved smart EV in my opinion. It's so vastly superior to the smart it replaces that any acceleration differences (or any other difference) is completely inconsequential in my opinion. :nerd:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, it's definitely a much better car overall (turning circle wins it for me and I think looks have grown on me), though the used EV is about the same price as a three year lease but with the advantage of ownership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts