Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I hope this is the right location, but I was rear ended last night and I had one of the round tubular aftermarket bumpers. It literally saved the rear end of my car. Now I want to buy another to replace the damaged one. any one know the vender or company so I can order another.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,044 Posts
..if it was a Barney bumper....single shiny piece of stainless steel the you're SOL....
...I believe he doesn't make them anymore...

Jetfuel...yeah...they're tough..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Smart Madness sells a hoop bumper made by RWC for $335, plus shipping. smart car Rear Bumper Hoop by RWC - Stainless Steel Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories

Your bumper was made by Aries. As far as I can find, no longer made. You can buy one from 302505 Smart 451 Supercedes 08-12 Steel Back Bumper Guard By Aries Automotive $275 plus shipping.

I bought one of the Aries bumpers. It was a return and had 2.5" 5/8-11 bolts instead of the weird bolts that fit the car. I have trying to get two of those bolts, no luck so far.
If you buy one of the $275 bumpers, and if it comes with the correct bolts, I would buy your old bolts from you.
If you buy one of the $335 bumpers, I would still buy your old bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts