Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my muffler replaced and a few days later noticed the rear bumper cover on my 2011 was missing the torx bumper cover bolts. Anyone have suggestions on finding OEM replacements? We're a bit nervous driving it without the bumper cover fully attached. I'm glad we have another smart to see what the bolt/screw looked like.
Automotive tire Wood Gesture Tire Finger Automotive tire Finger Wood Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
295 Posts
I looked there last night for him... couldn't make out the exact bolt/screw because, well... let's just not call them the Bumper Cover Bolts, that would be too easy.
I'm thinking this "Distance Sensor Bolt" is the right one... it's got an A.K.A. of "Bumper Cover Screw."

Jim

[Edit: On the other hand, I just noticed the second tow hook cover on the right side of your bumper... I think it's a 451 and I'm looking at 453 parts... duh]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took my hood off and realized that it is the same torx screw that attaches the front bumper cover and is the same torx screw that attaches the hood tether strap to the chassis. but what do they call it? Arrrrg!

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
295 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
295 Posts
Seriously... one of the sites had it at $4.40.
It's been amazing what I can find at my local Ace Hardware instead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts