Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an all black 09 Smart Fortwo and the rear centre panel appears to be fading on the sides due to sun exposure. I have read that this part of the car does not have a clear coat applied, is that correct? Any idea what I can do to fix, or at least prevent this from occurring further? (Sorry for bad picture quality, this site wouldn't let me upload anything larger)

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Mine has faded badly too, there isn't my much I have found that works. I just keep it clean and it seems to match the other areas well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My Pure is no different and I brought it to the dealer's attention. Since the car is under warranty, they will replace the top panel for free.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My '08 Passion has it, as well. And the trailing edge of the roof, in spots. The rear panel is adjustable, I've found (mine was a bit out of whack on the driver's side). I'm using lemon Pledge on the hood, side pillars, and roof. As a bonus, it seems to temporarily fill in the crazing on the roof...

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
Mine had a appearance of a cloud on it shortly after I got it. The dealer brought out some cleaning wax and it took care of it. Now whenever I notice the clouding look, I just give it a quick clean/wax and it looks just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts