Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to posting on here, but I’m going to dive right in! I have a 2013 Smart Fortwo pure. I’m having trouble with my rear driver’s turn signal hyper flashing. I’ve checked the fuses and replaced the bulb. The light will turn on when I turn on the running lights but will not flash. The Front driver’s side turn signal works. I was thinking it was maybe the flasher/relay but can’t find anything on where it’s located or if uses on?
Please help me!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Smartica,

The smart uses the same bulb for running lamps and turn signals. The bulb has two filaments.

The first thing to check is that you’ve installed the correct bulb. There should be two silver pads on the bulb’s base, one for each filament. The bulb should only fit into the socket one way, but it’s possible to force it into the wrong way if you try ;-) . The bulb is type P21/5W or 7528.

The rest of the checks are looking as the SAM (signal acquisition module/fuse box) located above the driver’s side footwell.

For the driver’s side turn signal, check fuse 7. It’s 7.5 Amps.

The next place to look is the turn signal relay fuse. It’s fuse 12, but if it’s blown, a lot of other things would not be working either.

The last thing I can think of is the turn signal relay itself. According to the workshop manual, the relay that performs the blinking is K52/11 and is in slot “A” , the one furthest on the left, just forward of the SAM.

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts