Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a problem. I own a 2008 451. when i turn all my lights on front and back all lights work except the rear driver side not working. the passenager side is working. when I brake all the lights working including the driver side light. when i unpress the brake pedal. the light doesnt turn on. i was wondering if anyone experience this problem? can it be the fuse? i check fuse 24 it is fine.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Got a problem. I own a 2008 451. when i turn all my lights on front and back all lights work except the rear driver side not working. the passenager side is working. when I brake all the lights working including the driver side light. when i unpress the brake pedal. the light doesnt turn on. i was wondering if anyone experience this problem? can it be the fuse? i check fuse 24 it is fine.
(two filaments in that bulb. One is broken)
Put a New 1157 bulb on each side, and be happy... Normally you change both sides with a new bulb... The whole piece that bulbs are in, comes out vary easy...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply. when i took out the bulb the filament looks fine.

so when i change the light bulb i should change 2?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
thanks for reply. when i took out the bulb the filament looks fine.

so when i change the light bulb i should change 2?
Because they are both aged, and dim with age. To regain equal brightness, and equal reliability. They normally are packaged two to a pack for that reason. You could swap bulbs side to side, and see if the problem moves to the other side.
Smarts come with a standard filament bulb. 1157's are a heavy duty filament bulb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to mention I swap sides with the other light. it didn't work. So I dig a bit further and read the manual. I check fuse 24 it was okay. Then I check fuse 7 it was shorted. I didn't have a 7.5 red fuse so I used a 10 fuse blue and it worked!!!!

thank you for the different methods used in solving this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts