Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed rear speakers in 2016 / 453/ 4-2 ?
If so is rear hole pre-wired and what size speakers and or model.? :shrug: Thanks in advance !!

·
Registered
37 Posts
honestly it is a ****y sound, but I have installed under seat subwoofer and the rear speakers sound like tweeters now, no matter what expensive speakers you have I highly recommend under seat subwoofer...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you Manolica1 for this great information! Question about the speaker brackets: If I am NOT installing the the OEM speaker (453-827-01-60), and instead I am installing a larger after market rear speaker, do I still need the tweeter bracket (453-545-08-40)? Will the tweeter bracket even fit a larger speaker? Or is it made for the OEM speaker?

·
Registered
37 Posts
with the brackets you can’t put larger speakers, with out you can but you have to build you brackets, it is pain in the ass, I repeat, under seat subwoofer is the best solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
with the brackets you can’t put larger speakers, with out you can but you have to build you brackets, it is pain in the ass, I repeat, under seat subwoofer is the best solution.

Thank you! What under seat subwoofer did you use? Passenger or driver seat?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had a preliminary look with a radio installer today who said their was about 2 and 1/8 inches of height space under the passenger seat without removing any carpet, and about 10 inches of depth. I'm going to keep looking for an underseat sub that fits in that spot for the 453. Would appreciate suggestions!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts