Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Cabriolet whose rearview mirror has been falling off for years. The first time it fell off it took chips of the windshield with it leaving an uneven surface to mount it back to, hence its repeated detachment. I've had the windshield replaced since the mirror last fell off (mounting bracket with it). The little metal mounting bracket broke apart when I was removing it from the mirror this time and I can't find a replacement bracket anywhere. Does anyone know where to get a replacement bracket? I quite like the mirror I have so I'd rather not replace it with a different one. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Try Autobahn Used smart Car Parts in El Cajon, CA. Their phone # is: 1(619) 444-2290. You should also be able to order new from a Mercedes Dealer's Parts Dept. or from a Mercedes Dealer that was a former smart Center. Check e-bay as well.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks to me like all you need is the rear view mirror puck, basically the piece that actually sticks to the windshield. You can get that at any auto parts store. Just make sure you get a tube of adhesive since the double sided tape that usually comes with the pucks doesn't stick all that well.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Looks to me like all you need is the rear view mirror puck, basically the piece that actually sticks to the windshield. You can get that at any auto parts store. Just make sure you get a tube of adhesive since the double sided tape that usually comes with the pucks doesn't stick all that well.
The puck for the smart is not a standard puck. I think that's the problem here.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Contact these guys. You might have to buy the whole new review mirror. The other thing you can do, is find a salvage mirror. You will need to just need the attachment slot, on the windshield. They make glue to reattach the hood to it. I reglued one on a old Jeep, I owned. That mirror attachment really can’t be that hard to find.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you are using the adhesive that is common for reattaching rest view mirrors, it doesn't work. I tried several brands and even used the kind that has activator.

Use Gorilla Glue epoxy. It works. Just make sure your glass is super clean. I used brake cleaner to clean the glass before attaching the epoxy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts