Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Smarty just became safer and more ergonomic. How? Removing the interior rear view mirror replacing it with a $2.00 peel and stick angled "blind spot" mirror from Autozone.

Without the 'elephant in the windshield' I no longer drive like a hunchedback trying to check the blocked mid-upper right forward view. I now enjoy an unobstructed view of cars, pedestrians, street signs, bikes, etc..

The side-view mirrors are more than adequate for lane changing. The new small peel and stick mirror let's me know if there's a car directly behind which is all I ever used the factory mirror for in the first place.

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
...after driving my bride's cabrio I'll have to agree that the rear mirror is kind of useless when driving in or after a rain/snow shower...

Jetfuel...I wipe....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pic of mirror replacement

Looks smart huh? Love the new unobstructed view looking forward! :D

I held the camera a little lower than eye level when taking the pic. I'm 6ft tall and from my point of view using the new peel and stick mirror I'm able to see the entire back window without straining.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankfully I'm without a hockey puck, which also means I'm without the hockey puck features (lights and wiper sensors). It took me a while to figure out the hockey puck was an option the previous owner didn't choose. Of course, I tried fiddling with lights and wipers for a few days trying to get them to work before reading the owners manual to discover I don't have a puck.

The Smarty has both, the "auto" function switch for lights and the "intermittent" setting for wipers, but without the actual features behind the settings. So one would think they're not working, when in reality you don't have them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts