Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched the forum and alot of posts come up but the posts are old sooooo a lot of them don’t exsist anymore! Checked amazon nothing comes up, checked eBay and they have it but it’s from China! I’m trying to find something in the US if possible. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,351 Posts

I would just go up to Home Depot , get a black half shell cabinet draw pull. And some really thin 3M double stick tape. The draw pull is probably made in China too. What isn’t.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I think I’ll go to home depot like suggested and see what they have. Oh, and when i said I wanted something from the US I didn’t mean that I don’t want anything from China I just meant it’ll be faster to get something from the states. Lol 😏

·
Registered
91 Posts
REAR WINDOW RATTLE...While you are all looking at the rear window on the 451, the most common fault on the rear window is rattling on the move, drives you crazy. This can be solved easy as its the back metal catch on the window that rattles, and you just cover it in black electrical tape, and it stops rattling. Easy. Just make sure you do not over-wrap or the catch jambs with the thickness of the wrapped tape. The tape falls to bits eventually from open and closure of the catch (takes about 2 years), but you just re-new the wrapped tape.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found this product that’s actually made for door jams that I’m going to try on the back window. I have “jam handles” in my doors (the picture of the product with finger holes) that I really like and considered putting that on the back window as well but then I came across the “exo handle” that’s a solid piece of plastic instead. Worth a try anyway! I just hope the 3m tape on that one is as solid as the other products!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts