Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
That's a nice handle. Does anyone know if someone has something similar to this? Loved it on my RX7 and wanted to find something similar for my smart. Really don't need a handle and a small pad like this would look pretty subtle and clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
There is a very similar looking "handle" in Lowe's in the section with drawer pulls. I used an adhesive pad from Auto Zone that was rated for exterior and just cut it to shape. I asked to make sure it was the right adhesive.

It looks like it came with the car and is very functional.

The "flash" is from the drop light I was holding.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,575 Posts
I hate fingerprints......I always carry a paper towel in my pocket to open my hatch and then just drop it from about 4 or 5 inches and it latches every time. Easy, peasy and no cost to me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There is a very similar looking "handle" in Lowe's in the section with drawer pulls. I used an adhesive pad from Auto Zone that was rated for exterior and just cut it to shape. I asked to make sure it was the right adhesive.

It looks like it came with the car and is very functional.

The "flash" is from the drop light I was holding.
I installed one and the rear wiper hits it.

Charlie

·
Registered
400 Posts
Oh, too bad about the wiper hitting it. My cars were 2011 & 2015 Passion for anyone considering it. I guess the old adage measure twice, cut once applies. Or I was just lucky! :)

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
I did the exact ame drawer pull from Lowes on my Smart. I also bought that heavy 20 pound rated double sided tape. I put it on and trimmed and and thought this will probablly never hold when it gets wet and I'll lose it. Boy was I wrong. It was a month after I installed it that I drove the Smart in the rain and as I was backing out of the driveway the rear wiper came on and skipped in the middle with a thud, and it STILL never hit me until later that it was the drawer pull. So I had to cut it off and reposition it down to the edge, and so I had to lose my Hot Wheels sticker but it's been fine every since! DCO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts