Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear window washer has stoped shooting out fluid.The front works fine and you can hear the pump working when you push for the rear but nothing comes out.Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Hmm, not sure. If you were in a colder climate I could suspect freezing fluid in the hose, but since your in Florida no idea. :confused: A trip to the Smart Center is needed. :smartje.wt.zw:

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
...remove small rear panel on the left side...peel back sound deadener...small blue hose is attached with the wire bundle in that area...you may have to pull the white foam insulation bag...there's an electrical plug under some foam shield but the hose has a push in fitting next to it...ask me how I know..ok..just fixed mine today

jetfuel

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine stopped working about a month ago, in the same way as yours turk. Because it's not urgent I've been putting off a trip to the dealership until I can get the updates at the same time.

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
windscythe...try this ..use the rear washer for a few seconds..step behind the car and see if you have washer fluid behind the left rear wheel...if you do...it came of the fitting plug...

jetfuel

·
Super Moderator
28,708 Posts
...remove small rear panel on the left side...peel back sound deadener...small blue hose is attached with the wire bundle in that area...you may have to pull the white foam insulation bag...there's an electrical plug under some foam shield but the hose has a push in fitting next to it...ask me how I know..ok..just fixed mine today

jetfuel
Glad to hear you solved the problem. Did you get any photos of the hose and connector? :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
turk1949

Thanks Jetfuel (etal),
This is a great sight, ya'll are always helpful.I'll see if I can find that panel (any photo's would help)and give it a try!

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
..no photos..my camera was at work..I'll shoot some this afternoon if you still want to see it...I relocated the plug/washer fitting for easy access next time...you can see it by just removing the side panel...

jetfuel

·
Registered
144 Posts
Jetfuel, I already had a friend check behind and under the car while I used the rear washer. I did that just after it started happening- no sign of anything leaking.

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
ok..I'll post some pic of the fitting...remove hose there and spray again...just to see if pump is strong enough to push fluid without restrictions...

jetfuel

PS...you got fluid in reservoir...right?

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I had times when there was fluid in the reserve but it was frozen solid. Not all those that indicate 'anti-freeze' on the won't freeze up. :( Of course this is unlikey since you are from Floriday.

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
...here we go...check fuse 20...make sure you got fluid...turn pump on...can you hear it run?....does the windshield washer works?..if the front works but not the rear check this fitting in the rear area...the blue hose...you may have to pull the white insulation to get to the fitting...install it first then the plug/fitting assy...you can pull the fitting/hose assy appart and test to see if you get any fluid from the hose when the pump is on....

...LUK...

jetfuel

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the photos and the tutorial jetfuel! Not sure if I'll tackle it myself or just take it to the dealer but it's still useful to know. I'll let you know if I open it up and take a look.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Jetfuel, I plan on as much DIY'ing as I can on this thing to learn it inside and out. Thanks for the help that you gave here and in other threads!

~Jas...

·
Registered
38 Posts
...here we go...check fuse 20...make sure you got fluid...turn pump on...can you hear it run?....does the windshield washer works?..if the front works but not the rear check this fitting in the rear area...the blue hose...you may have to pull the white insulation to get to the fitting...install it first then the plug/fitting assy...you can pull the fitting/hose assy appart and test to see if you get any fluid from the hose when the pump is on....

...LUK...

jetfuel
Thank you very much for posting this! I just fixed mine in 2 minutes. Gotta love the simple DIY fixes!

·
Registered
1 Posts
many thanks for posting this solution to my washer problem. Your advice was excellent and the photo very helpful. My problem has now been sorted. Although you are several thousand miles away from me, you have managed to sort my problem at zero cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JetFuel, thank you. I got the same problem in my wife's Passion. The blue hose was disconnected. It was a really loose fitting so I use some plumbing teflon tape to get a tighter fitting. Again, many thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
my rear washer only dripples a small amount of washer fluid on the window,, but there is a big leak in front of the left rear tire.

Do I have to remove the exterior black panel under the door, or is there an easier way?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts