Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I picked up my brabus this past wedensday and today it was raining and I turned on my wipers and when I turned the back one on it made a odd scraching sound so I got out and look and there was no blade or wiper just the ar and a scrach in the glass, and I called the dealer and spoke to the girl that did my walk through and told her what happend and she said it was my fault because there was a wiper there she said but to be honest I don't really reamber if there was or not, do they fall off that easy? And if not what should I do?

Jeremy

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Smart of Cincy is getting a real bad rep on here... and it sounds like it's deserved...

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
+1 for Autozone for once. Sad to hear your dealer isn't so good. smart Birmingham is about on the same level for me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have like 2 Auto Zones near me its wierd there not even that far apart (on the same highway) If one doesnt have a part the other one always does

·
Super Moderator
17,553 Posts
+1 for Autozone...good guys (where I live)

·
Super Moderator
29,155 Posts
Just my opinion, but they do not fall off. The blade wasn't there on delivery - why? - no idea. :confused:

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Just my opinion, but they do not fall off. The blade wasn't there on delivery - why? - no idea. :confused:
I've had my smart for 19 months and 24,000 miles. There has been no rear wiper blade "fall off".

agree with what jwight says - that wiper blade didn't "fall off" and if it did it's because it wasn't installed properly. Your dealer owes you.

·
Super Moderator
17,553 Posts
I've had my smart for 19 months and 24000 miles. There has been no rear wiper blade "fall off".

agree with what jwight says - that wiper blade didn't "fall off" and if it did it's because it wasn't installed properly. Your dealer owes you.
Why the heck should YOU pay for an error that either they or smartville had made?

Oh boo hoo, you may not have noticed it on delivery...too bad for them...
Covered under warranty too! :p

Ahem Suze, I think you meant 19 months and 24,000 miles? 19 months and 2400 miles means that someone needs to get out more! :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've had my smart for 19 months and 24000 miles. There has been no rear wiper blade "fall off".

Cincy is a disaster. I know from personal experience. Smart execs will even tell you not to go there

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hit 523 today and had 13 on it when I picked it up,

Ok so should I make the dealer replace my rear window? I washed my smart today and while driving down the road I could clearly see a scratch in the glass from where I turned on the wiper and then saw there was no arm nor blade!! And I just got my survey in my email!! What should I do??,

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I hit 523 today and had 13 on it when I picked it up,

Ok so should I make the dealer replace my rear window? I washed my smart today and while driving down the road I could clearly see a scratch in the glass from where I turned on the wiper and then saw there was no arm nor blade!! And I just got my survey in my email!! What should I do??,
Give them a chance to replace it BEFORE you fill out the survey. Don't tell them you haven't filled it out yet (at least that is what I'd do). If they say it was your fault....then POW! Give them what they deserve..a poor rating. I think there is a remarks section where you can elaborate WHY you did the poor rating.

Buying a Brabus, they should absolutely be kissing your booty or at least throwing rose pedals down in front of you everytime you walk on the property.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
17,553 Posts
I get out plenty -- how many miles do you have on your smart? :p
Harsh :)

Hmmm...Lemme go and check my personal trip counter on the GMC... about 2,000 miles... :)

Well at least you didn't change my post and change the color to pink. (which is not bad! I like Zippy's neon Pink...probably because the neon though :))

·
Registered
65 Posts
It should certainly covered under warranty. If it was on there at delivery and fell off, it shouldn't have done that, that's a defect right there.

I agree don't fill out the survey until they have had a chance to do the right thing. If they don't then fill it out appropriately.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
On my 2007, if the front wipers are activated, the rear wiper automatically activates when the car is placed in reverse. Therefore, the rear glass would be damaged if the wiper blade were missing. The only way to avoid damage would be to lift the arm, and leave it up, or wrap the end in cloth or sponge.

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
It should certainly covered under warranty. If it was on there at delivery and fell off, it shouldn't have done that, that's a defect right there.

I agree don't fill out the survey until they have had a chance to do the right thing. If they don't then fill it out appropriately.
I'm with 'jwight' and 'suze' on this one....I can't imagine it just "falling off".

At the same time, who's to say that some 'low life' smart owner didn't take yours while it was parked at work or at the store?:rolleyes:

In any event, by doing the 'walk around' you're saying that the vehicle is in acceptable condition. If the wiper blade was missed, it's too late now.

Besides, you've had your smart for some time.....have you not washed it? Surely you would have realized it was missing. I always raise mine up to wash the back glass.

Also, if there were no 'arm or blade' as you stated, then WHAT SCRATCHED IT when you turned your rear wiper on?:confused:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts