Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered parts today for my smart, Autobahn is out of parts due to a lot of owners buying them up. found what I need from MBonlineparts.com at a substantial savings, but shipping was a bit on the pricey side.

Hopefully they can get me a front fender in the right color so I won't have to mess with paint.
Also found the top mounting spot for the fender, right where the hood tab is, is damaged. Gonna try using some epoxy since I have the broken piece. Not too sure how that will work in cold weather but we will see.

Parked in the back yard for now until parts show up. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been waiting to hear when my parts will arrive, just got an email yesterday that parts should be delivered Jan 2... Weather Channel says Saturday temps will hit a balmy 38 degrees, so possibly I will be attaching parts and putting my smart back on the road(??)

Parts were ordered from https://www.mbonlineparts.com/ and came to a whopping $360.29 for a red fender and headlight assembly, and hood lartches. (add $266.13 for shipping) total looks to be $626.13 (so far) and not worth insurance as I have a $500 deductible.

The plus side is that I will have a RED fender to replace the white one from the last deer collision. Now to paint the rest of the front and the drivers fender, and it will look like new again.

Best price on parts was through https://www.mbonlineparts.com/ even with the shipping. I like the fact that I can get the painted fender in the color to match my car!!Pictures to follow when the parts arrive.

Pretty sure I have a spare cover for where the fog lights go laying around somewhere, and I still have the remnants of the exploded headlight for parts, including the rubber covers, wire clips and the yellow lens (someone was looking for one a while back)

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Latest Email says delivery between 9:30 and 12:0 tomorrow. guess I will be looking for the FedEx truck.. wishing for some warmer weather Saturday to do some wrenching....

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
box arrived, about 7 ft long and 3 ft tall, 2 ft wide with lots of packing stuff inside. nice RED fender and headlight (complete) with the latch taped to the headlight box. Now just got to pull the broken one and put it in place...

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So... got my car apart and fixed the damage under the fender,,, I then realized I have a newer colored red fender, NOT the 2008 red... At this point, I don't know that I even care that much. I can always paint it later I guess Still missing the cover for where the factory fog lights go, though I had one but it is for the drivers side. again, not that big of a deal. It doesn't look too bad.

https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41174&stc=1&d=1546717569

I re-checked the listing and they only listed one color, ccol color code instead of the 2008 color CA3L which is more of an orange . I should have looked more closely.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts