Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was just picked up by my Smart San Antonio dealer for a recall. I live in Corpus Christi, Texas and my SA dealer is 150 miles away. I was concented intially about the distance from my closest dealer. But now my concerns have been answered.

Smart USA has just picked up my car with a flat bed tow truck, and has even given me a car to drive, while the recall is being handled. When the recall is finished they will again return my vehicle via the flat tow truck.

Kudos to SmartUSA for their great service!!!

:):):)

·
Registered
452 Posts
What is the recall for? Was your car undrivable?

Great dealer. Mine won't even do that if you bought a $70k Audi from them.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I believe I read this recall else where. It was said that it had to due with the paint on the "gray" tridion cell. But could be something else I maybe I read that somewhere.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I must say I'm truly impressed by how Smart is handling this. Mistakes happen during any manufacturing process, but historically most auto manufacturers (read: the Big Three) do their best to cover up/hide/ignore the problem until something terrible happens (cars bursting into flames, people dying in accidents, etc.) before they grudgingly do a recall. Smart has been responsive, professional, and honest.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
I believe I read this recall else where. It was said that it had to due with the paint on the "gray" tridion cell. But could be something else I maybe I read that somewhere.
in all probability.....Flash's profile does list a silver tridion, and he's a new member (= recent delivery?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts