Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was emaliing back and forth with Billy Cooper in Lincolnwood. I wanted to make sure that he understood that I wanted the smart that I ordered (blue/silver/black leather) since I went ahead and purchased an orphan (white/silver/red). I told him I still wasn't jazzed about the red interior. He said that the red would be a "collector's item" as if that would up the re-sale value.

Sound off...what do you think?:rolleyes:

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
The WHOLE car is a collector item...
As for the colors of the orphan offered to you, I'll take it any day!
(See my "Drive"!)

·
Registered
861 Posts
the red interior really makes a statement, I almost wish I went with red but I have a black car and I am kind of sick of red and black , now black and lime green is a whole different story, I love lime green!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Lime green and blk

Just saw Blk passion with lime green interior this past week in San Diego Ca what very nice looking they said they took it in to get it done.

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
I wouldn't care for red interior, or exterior. Red simply is not in my top 5 favorite colors. But, that's why they offer a selection of colors. Different stroke for different folks. However, I think the dealer is pulling your chain about the car being more collectable due to its red interior.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I got my Red/ Silver w/ red interior from Billy. At our 1st Chicago get together my car was by far the most popular. Everyone else had dark interiors but the red stood out and showcased the design of the interior.

·
Registered
833 Posts
My red interior really makes me smile on a grey, rainy day. Those days the inside is so bright and cheery. Also its easy to see if I left my phone on the seat. The only downside I can think of to the red interior is that it does not go with every color exterior.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
My red interior really makes me smile on a grey, rainy day. Those days the inside is so bright and cheery. Also its easy to see if I left my phone on the seat. The only downside I can think of to the red interior is that it does not go with every color exterior.
My wanna-be dyslexic eyes first read "bright and CHEESY" :D Doesn't go with every exterior color? So my yellow w/red interior is going to be a bad thing? :eek: That's why I ordered it that way. BECAUSE I COULD! Yellow w/red and Blue w/red are awesome! Dare to be different. That's why I love the red interior.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I wouldn't care for red interior, or exterior. Red simply is not in my top 5 favorite colors. But, that's why they offer a selection of colors. Different stroke for different folks. However, I think the dealer is pulling your chain about the car being more collectable due to its red interior.
You can just paint your mothership any color (other than red) you like, doo doo doo doo......

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's a clown car. That's why I went with the red interior. It does make it less ho-hum. Classy, the smart will never be. There's a reason it's not wearing MB badges.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
I was emaliing back and forth with Billy Cooper in Lincolnwood. I wanted to make sure that he understood that I wanted the smart that I ordered (blue/silver/black leather) since I went ahead and purchased an orphan (white/silver/red). I told him I still wasn't jazzed about the red interior. He said that the red would be a "collector's item" as if that would up the re-sale value.

Sound off...what do you think?:rolleyes:
White/Silver with Red Interior is EXACTLY what i want....if YOU don't want it, I'LL GLADLY TAKE IT OFF YOUR HANDS!!! :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
So that means the yellow with red interior(like mine) is double-collectible? Remember it's only valuable if somebody wants it. I like mine.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jeepster55, I am a short (if you call going through Kokomo short) 100 miles north of you in Indiana. I will be selling Poppy as soon as mine comes in. I sent you a friend request. Reply if you were serious.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts