Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)
Just wanna say hi abd introduce myself. My name is Milad and I'm happy to own a 2013 red and silver smart cabrio with black soft top, love the fun little car, first drive home from dealer I received rock chip in the windshield :-(, what's one gonna do, google search ref cracked smart windshield led me here :) can't have nice things? Lol, I've been enjoying reading the helpful posts and looking forward to use everyone's experiences & expertise. So speaking of that, I'd like to install backup / reverse ultrasonic parking sensors on the smart, my last two cars had them and I have no depth perception, I like to think that I'm mechanically inclined, I'd like to know the easiest way to remove the back bumper, also if anyone knows which wire powers the rear white backup / reverse tail light to tap into, I know brown is the ground wire. Also can I use the bike rack / tow hook holes in the back bumper for the sensors so I don't have to drill more holes in the back bumper? How much room is there between plastic bumper and the metal body where the tow hook screws in? I need about an inch, also where should I run the wires through into the rear area inside the car for module and beeper placement? Thank you so much everyone :)

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
The rear visibility in the cabrio is not that great :-(
Hey, Don't feel so special. :D The view out of the rear view mirror is limited by the seat backs more than the canvas top. Both coupe and convertible have the same tridion cell in the way on the sides, so the view out of both...... sucks. :p :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, now seriously . The easiest place would be the boot panel under the license plate, would that be too high?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really wish I could put them in the hole covers for the bike rack but there is not enough room between bumper and metal body

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hello :)
Just wanna say hi abd introduce myself. My name is Milad and I'm happy to own a 2013 red and silver smart cabrio with black soft top, love the fun little car, first drive home from dealer I received rock chip in the windshield :-(, what's one gonna do, google search ref cracked smart windshield led me here :) can't have nice things? Lol, I've been enjoying reading the helpful posts and looking forward to use everyone's experiences & expertise. So speaking of that, I'd like to install backup / reverse ultrasonic parking sensors on the smart, my last two cars had them and I have no depth perception, I like to think that I'm mechanically inclined, I'd like to know the easiest way to remove the back bumper, also if anyone knows which wire powers the rear white backup / reverse tail light to tap into, I know brown is the ground wire. Also can I use the bike rack / tow hook holes in the back bumper for the sensors so I don't have to drill more holes in the back bumper? How much room is there between plastic bumper and the metal body where the tow hook screws in? I need about an inch, also where should I run the wires through into the rear area inside the car for module and beeper placement? Thank you so much everyone :)
Welcome to SCOA! Here, helpful people abound! Like jwight said, if you really like smart's, the place to go is in July to Westminster Colorado. From July 10 - 14 we are having the 2013 smart Car National Convention and Car Show. There will be people from all over the country, and even a couple of Canadians for good measure. This is the best opportunity to talk with really smart people about smart Cars! Not to mention the activities such as mountain drives, and a Fun-Can-A. All you need to do is go to https://smartcarnatls.com where you can register for the event, and see all the action that is planned!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts